|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deus Ex: Human Revolution - News Roundup

Default Deus Ex: Human Revolution - News Roundup

June 22nd, 2011, 18:53
A few newsbits for this game have surfaced, first is the ESRB rating Mature, then we have a fanpowered Q&A, and lastly there is a competetion in which, if you have an iOS device, you can scan QR codes and win something.
The ESRB Mature rating first - a sample:
Rating summary: This is a first-person shooter in which players assume the role of Adam Jensen, an ex-cop who must uncover the truth behind a cybernetics company's attack. Players complete mission-based objectives to increase their character's skills (e.g., stealth, strength) and advance the main storyline. Players use pistols, shotguns, assault rifles, and explosives to kill a variety of human enemies (e.g., soldiers, police officers, gang members, drug dealers). Players can also use stealth attacks (e.g., choking, electrocution) to dispatch enemies at close range.
The content descriptors are
Blood, Drug Reference, Intense Violence, Sexual Themes, Strong Language, Use of Alcohol
Then the fan-powered Q&A where the devs from Eidos Montreal answered question from
fans on this site - a sample:
the first deus ex didn't shy away from explicitely going into real world conspiracy theories (ones that are prominent even today), will this game be equally as topical and relevant to the 'conspiracy theories' floating around today?
The Great JF says:
Albeit the fact that our game is fictional I hope that it can convey some of those aspects for those who are looking for it.
And then the news about the competition.
In order to join the DXHR QR MISSIONS Scavenger Hunt, fans should visit the App store on their iOS device. The first code is already available in the exclusive content section of the game’s official Facebook page (www.facebook.com/DeusEx). New codes will be released every week for the next seven weeks.

So, How Does It Work?
Fans should visit the App store to download the App (DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION QR MISSIONS) for their iOS device and register for the DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION QR MISSIONS. Participants must be 17-years-old or older, have an iOS device with a camera and be able to register using Facebook Connect. Participants will also have to choose their preferred gaming platform.
More information.
aries100 is offline

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

#1

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark, Europe
Posts: 1,982

Default 

June 22nd, 2011, 18:53
Huh, I find his Q&A responses a bit off-putting. Too much sarcasm starts to sound disingenuous (welcome to the Internet, I guess).
Santos is offline

Santos

Ass-hat

#2

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NH
Posts: 565

Default 

June 22nd, 2011, 18:58
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

GOTY 2011.

Trust me.
DArtagnan is online now

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#3

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 13,827

Default 

June 22nd, 2011, 21:18
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

GOTY 2011.

Trust me.
If that happen, the hype for Thi4f is going to be insane.
azarhal is offline

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

#4

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,409

Default 

June 22nd, 2011, 21:25
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
GOTY 2011.
Now that Risen 2 is scheduled for 2012, I might be inclined to agree.

Still, I'm trying to not get too hyped in order to avoid a letdown. There's also the chance that Skyrim might be better than we expect.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#5

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 17,449

Default 

June 22nd, 2011, 22:02
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Now that Risen 2 is scheduled for 2012, I might be inclined to agree.

Still, I'm trying to not get too hyped in order to avoid a letdown. There's also the chance that Skyrim might be better than we expect.
If Skyrim can bring some of Morrowind's magic back I might end up loving that game like nothing else. Other than that though, Deus Ex looks like a likely candidate.
DoctorNarrative is offline

DoctorNarrative

DoctorNarrative's Avatar
Patroling Written Words

#6

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,825

Default 

June 22nd, 2011, 22:43
Human Revolution's chance for failure is as high as it's chance for success IMO. It's high level of anticipation and ambition can kill it easily if it doesn't have a truly superb quality.
Frozen Fireball is offline

Frozen Fireball

Frozen Fireball's Avatar
Trying to unfreeze

#7

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iran
Posts: 196

Default 

June 22nd, 2011, 23:37
Originally Posted by Frozen Fireball View Post
Human Revolution's chance for failure is as high as it's chance for success IMO. It's high level of anticipation and ambition can kill it easily if it doesn't have a truly superb quality.
A lot of people will hate it for every single thing that is different or more accessible from the original. There is no doubt about that. I can't wait to read the threads that will pop up claiming the game is terrible because of one minor thing or another.
DoctorNarrative is offline

DoctorNarrative

DoctorNarrative's Avatar
Patroling Written Words

#8

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,825

Default 

June 23rd, 2011, 02:07
Originally Posted by DoctorNarrative View Post
A lot of people will hate it for every single thing that is different or more accessible from the original. There is no doubt about that. I can't wait to read the threads that will pop up claiming the game is terrible because of one minor thing or another.
I agree with this. There is so much negativity about most games nowadays.
NFLed is offline

NFLed

Sentinel

#9

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 290

Default 

June 23rd, 2011, 03:27
Originally Posted by NFLed View Post
I agree with this. There is so much negativity about most games nowadays.
What is it my mom said? If you can't say anything mean, say nothing at all? Something along those lines….
Zloth is offline

Zloth

Zloth's Avatar
I smell a… wumpus!?

#10

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,645

Default 

June 23rd, 2011, 06:23
Are you guys suggesting the criticism of DX2 was unwarranted, what cause TODAY'S gamers are all just a bunch of haters?

Or possibility that this group of devs whom either misled or lied or got confused, depending on your point of view, to the DX fans about which platform would be the primary?

Or possibly, the fact that this group of devs have never released a title?

Or the fact that 'FANS', which by the very definition means you have some attachment or care for something, are apprehensive about all of this and the possibility of being let down? Which I might point out is FAR more common than successfully developing a AAA title.

Here's hoping, but no way counting on it. Not even buying this until I see some forum poster reviews, as it's virtually impossible to trust big name review sites.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.
Acleacius is offline

Acleacius

SasqWatch

#11

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,491

Default 

June 23rd, 2011, 06:52
I'm not trusting anyone. Well maybe Dart since he seems so confident, but I'd buy it on day one no matter what anyone else said. I love Deus Ex and hope to god that they can deliver on everything they are promising, but we'll see soon enough.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.
skavenhorde is offline

skavenhorde

skavenhorde's Avatar
Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

#12

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 5,408

Default 

June 23rd, 2011, 07:37
Originally Posted by NFLed View Post
I agree with this. There is so much negativity about most games nowadays.
Right because we all live in a rainbow happy world. Not every game deserves to be appreciated just because it got released, Most games or hit or miss. I hope the game is good myself but who knows if it will be.

Just remember they have a cult following of religious DeusEx fans and you know the game is going to be different. I'm not above being negative myself. Just make sure the controls are easy to use. That's all I care about.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

#13

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Potato Land
Posts: 8,689

Default 

June 23rd, 2011, 07:51
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Right because we all live in a rainbow happy world. Not every game deserves to be appreciated just because it got released, Most games or hit or miss. I hope the game is good myself but who knows if it will be.
I don't think anyone is saying the game will be great without question. All I said was that many fans of the original will pick it apart and compare every little aspect to find faults. That's just how some people are. Some, not all. The loud ones though, generally.

And no Acleacius I'm not saying Invisible War was some under-appreciated masterpiece. I do however think that taken on its own merits, without comparisons, it is a fun shooter with RPG elements. I'm good at taking each game as its own thing. I'm mainly looking forward to Human Revolution because it's a cyberpunk shooter/RPG, not so much because it is Deus Ex despite the fact Deus Ex is my second-favorite game of all time. I just won't evaluate it that way.
DoctorNarrative is offline

DoctorNarrative

DoctorNarrative's Avatar
Patroling Written Words

#14

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,825

Default 

June 23rd, 2011, 08:32
Originally Posted by DoctorNarrative View Post
I don't think anyone is saying the game will be great without question. All I said was that many fans of the original will pick it apart and compare every little aspect to find faults. That's just how some people are. Some, not all. The loud ones though, generally..
I'd rather see that than an instance where a vocal minority blindly defends a shit game.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#15

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 17,449

Default 

June 23rd, 2011, 09:35
I can destroy DE:IW at your convenience
DArtagnan is online now

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#16

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 13,827

Default 

June 23rd, 2011, 11:10
I think HR will have Fallout 3's same fate. It will get AAA scores mostly, will become a GOTY contender at certain gaming related websites and magazines, it will become a commercial success in it's own merits and general gamers will like it, but in the end, fans of the DE and hardcore and elitist gamers in general, will hate it. I know a hardcore gamer who considers DE his best game ever, but doesn't care about HR because he believes although the game is a prequel to the original, but technology looks more advanced in it. So that's why I think HR will have a hard time pleasing DE fans. Because in general they will hate the game no matter how good the game is because of every single thing that is different or more accessible from the original just like DoctorNarrative said.
Frozen Fireball is offline

Frozen Fireball

Frozen Fireball's Avatar
Trying to unfreeze

#17

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iran
Posts: 196

Default 

June 23rd, 2011, 11:20
This is a first-person shooter in which players assume the role of Adam Jensen, an ex-cop who must uncover the truth behind a cybernetics company's attack.
Impressive. Are there rules forcing people to depict the game for what it is in those ratings report?
Where is the RPG propaganda? Are they coerced into cutting down on it to fill for those ratings?

Very impressive.
ChienAboyeur is offline

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

#18

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,007

Default 

June 23rd, 2011, 11:40
Originally Posted by Frozen Fireball View Post
I think HR will have Fallout 3's same fate. It will get AAA scores mostly, will become a GOTY contender at certain gaming related websites and magazines, it will become a commercial success in it's own merits and general gamers will like it, but in the end, fans of the DE and hardcore and elitist gamers in general, will hate it. I know a hardcore gamer who considers DE his best game ever, but doesn't care about HR because he believes although the game is a prequel to the original, but technology looks more advanced in it. So that's why I think HR will have a hard time pleasing DE fans. Because in general they will hate the game no matter how good the game is because of every single thing that is different or more accessible from the original just like DoctorNarrative said.
Nope.

Most Deus Ex fans will appreciate DE3 as a worthy sequel. Not all, obviously - but most.

Trust me.
DArtagnan is online now

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#19

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 13,827

Default 

June 23rd, 2011, 11:52
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Nope.

Most Deus Ex fans will appreciate DE3 as a worthy sequel. Not all, obviously - but most.

Trust me.
Well, I hope so. More good and worthy games in the industry is never a bad thing, especially a game which can capture the heart of hard to please fans of Deus Ex.
We shall wait and see.
Frozen Fireball is offline

Frozen Fireball

Frozen Fireball's Avatar
Trying to unfreeze

#20

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iran
Posts: 196
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deus Ex: Human Revolution - News Roundup
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:29.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch