|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Drakensang » Drakensang: River of Time » patches

Default patches

June 23rd, 2011, 01:22
Hi

I recently obtained the English version of the game on CD. I think there's a patch available for it and I read somewhere about an optional texture pack. Can only seem to find a German patch for the game though. Could someone direct me to the relevant patch(es) for the English version..?

Many thanks for any help.

gracey

Traveler

June 23rd, 2011, 08:42
AFAIK the texturepack is only for Darkensang 1.

I doubt that there is a english patch. Maybe Alrik or Ergonpandilus can confirm this.

I think the bugfixes from the patches are already included in the english release.

The Germans are a cruel race. Their operas last for six hours and they have no word for "fluffy".

Captain Blackadder

Fenris

Proto-Nerd

June 23rd, 2011, 10:32
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
AFAIK the texturepack is only for Darkensang 1.

I doubt that there is a english patch. Maybe Alrik or Ergonpandilus can confirm this.

I think the bugfixes from the patches are already included in the english release.
Thanks Fenris.

Aye, that thought had occurred to me after my post, it makes sense that any patches would have been incorporated into the English version.

Thanks for your speedy reply….

gracey

Traveler

June 23rd, 2011, 12:07
There are no patches, as far as I know.

The texture pack is already included in Drakensang 2 international release.

As far as I know, ALL international releases are already fully patched.

Technical support forums :

Drakensang 2 : http://forum.dtp-entertainment.com/viewforum.php?f=249

Drakensang 1 : http://forum.dtp-entertainment.com/viewforum.php?f=188

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

June 25th, 2011, 13:02
Thanks guys - did the add-on for Drakensang 2 ever get released in English btw..?

gracey

Traveler

June 25th, 2011, 13:32
The AddOn was released in english - but it's really bad. One of the worst RPGs ever… a last try from Radon and dtp to rip off the Fans of the series.

http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/news?ref=0&id=432#17271

The Germans are a cruel race. Their operas last for six hours and they have no word for "fluffy".

Captain Blackadder

Fenris

Proto-Nerd

June 25th, 2011, 13:35
It's also released somewhere in Spanish - and I think I remember rumors of it being in French, too, but I don't quite remember this anymore.
Spanish, I'm certain about that, it even was a newsbit here.

The plot might be very complicated for those who are not familiar with Aventurian history - but for insiders, the history is fascinating (apart from the overall design of the game).

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

June 25th, 2011, 13:36
Plot this, Plot that - it's boooooring.

Captain Blackadder

Fenris

Proto-Nerd

June 25th, 2011, 15:21
I don't know. I'm probably weird but I actually liked how the add-on seamlessly integrated with the main game like an add-in. I also really liked this new oriental-style world (Tie'Shianna) as a welcome change of scenery from fantasy land. I don't think I've finished the expansion content yet. I'm at the point where -very minor spoiler alert- …
Spoiler
… but so far so good. Tie'Shianna has been a fun and very visually pleasing distraction for now.

All in all I believe that if you can get your hands on the River of Time with Phileasson's Saga included (like a Gold bundle) then by all means get the whole package. I wouldn't call the add-on content exceptionally bad. It may be relatively bad if you have to pay an extra $20 just for the add-on but if you can get a bundle of the original game including the add-on for a reasonable price then I'd call that a great deal.

Moriendor

Spielkind

June 26th, 2011, 21:42
By the way, the *full* story of the Fall of Tie'Shianna is told in a recent novel :
http://www.amazon.de/Tieshiannah-Unt…9117350&sr=8-1

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 2nd, 2011, 03:27
I can't seem to find Phileasson's Secret for sale anywhere, was it made available boxed or is it only DLC? I'm in the UK, which doesn't help, but I was able to buy RoT very easily from Amazon…thanks guys..

gracey

Traveler

July 2nd, 2011, 04:52
You won't find it for an English boxed version. It's included in several download bundles though.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

July 3rd, 2011, 00:48
Thank-you - is there any way that I can get it then if I live in the UK..?

gracey

Traveler

July 3rd, 2011, 01:22
I don't know. It was part of the Steam sale. Other services had it too. No idea if it was region locked.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Drakensang » Drakensang: River of Time » patches