Larian Studios - Design your own game

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Ever had an idea about a new iPhone game, but not the knowledge to realize it? Larian Studios is now running a contest in which they offer to realize the game with a maximum budget of 20KEuro (or 30K$). And you will get royalties on the sale of the game....That is, if you win the contest.
Imagine - you have a great idea for a super fun mobile game, but you don't know how to turn that idea into reality.
This is your chance! Larian Studios and Gameland are organising the Design your Own Game competition through which you get the chance to make your ideas reality: to make them become a fully fledged game.
The purpose of this competition is to suggest an innovative game-idea for an iPhone game that has a good chance of being successful.
A panel of experts will review all submissions and select the best idea.
The winner will be announced at Gameland, a unique event that takes place on September 10 and 11 in theme park Bobbejaanland, where gamers can go to learn about the latest games and the latest technology in the games world.
Other than submitting your idea, nothing else is required. Larian Studios will invest up to 20,000 Euros in the development and commercialization of the best game idea, and the winner will share in the profits through royalties.
More information.

Ddin't see anywhere that iPad submissions were ok or not? Also, wonder what happens to the submitted ideas that don't win. Are there any protections for those submitting? They might wind up developing one game, but they could walk away with thousands of ideas (some of them actually good).

Sorry - I'm the Village Cynic, I know.

Dissapointing that Larian is focusing time, energy, and money on mobile apps. Ah well I guess they have to given the huge market it represents.

Dissapointing that Larian is focusing time, energy, and money on mobile apps. Ah well I guess they have to given the huge market it represents.

Did you know they worked on for European equivalents of Nickelodeon browser games? And they also made educational games.

It probably kept the lights burning at night and keep down the overhead so they could/can work on the Divinity franchise.

Although I can see how one could be a cynic regarding App games. Of the thousands of App games only a very small number get the success a title like Angry Birds had.

I don't think mobile apps necessarily have to be simple in terms of gameplay. Many old games are quite complex while being graphically simple. I'd be interested in seeing what Larian can do with that medium.

I'd enter the contest, if only my mind would work within the framework of a mobile app.

Back
Top Bottom