|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grim Dawn - Two Screens

Default Grim Dawn - Two Screens

June 29th, 2011, 15:02
Two new Grim Dawn screens:
A couple new screenshots have been posted in the media section. One shows the after-effects of a freezing blast emitted by a piece of magical armor. The other two are sequential, showing a demolitionist taking down a group of grobles and their dranghoul chieftain.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

June 29th, 2011, 15:02
If this is an indie, then I'd say the graphics are definitely "good enough" at this point and it's time to start filling in content. The game is never going to be cutting edge, at least graphically, but these shots are definitely acceptable. This hasn't been on my radar, but it looks interesting enough. I'll be reading up on it now. Thanks for the link!

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

June 29th, 2011, 15:32
State of the art like DS3. Grim Dawns graphics look better than ANY ARPG hack and slash out to date. My opinion of course. I say take your time Crate , good things come to those who wait.

rich ruffo

Sentinel

June 29th, 2011, 15:43
Well its done by the people who worked on Titan Quest, so I have high hopes. The graphics look more than adequate to me, so far. The UI looks suspiciously familiar though.

Scrav

Watchdog

June 29th, 2011, 15:43
Originally Posted by rich ruffo View Post
State of the art like DS3. Grim Dawns graphics look better than ANY ARPG hack and slash out to date. My opinion of course. I say take your time Crate , good things come to those who wait.
Don't get me wrong - I feel Grim Dawn looks just fine - but saying it's on par with DS3 is just plain wrong. The level of detail is nowhere near the same, so unless these are low-res shots or some such thing, I think it's a bit much to hope for DS3 level graphics.

Like I said, however, I honestly feel it looks just fine. I agree with crpgnut - it's not going to be cutting edge, but it has reached a point where the graphics is good enough.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

June 29th, 2011, 15:48
Hmm I like the way they are doing the inventory! Might even try the game if the reviews are decent.

Btw Is DS3 inventory is like DS1? grid layout?

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch

June 29th, 2011, 16:06
Ehm, what?

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong screens or something, but the level of detail in those shots is FAR beyond Dungeon Siege 3. The textures are of MUCH higher quality, and the models look pretty great. DS3 uses console-level watered down textures more blurry than a drunkard would find a rainy window.

I must be missing something.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

June 29th, 2011, 16:23
DArtagan, you are corret sir those graphics look amazing , better than D3 . Grim Dawn looks to me like a high quality game. The developers said they wanted to use a similar UI, because it works. If it aint broke. If anyone is even remotely interested in this game please support . Its not a port its not for accessable for the masses and looks like alot of TLC went in to it from gamers for gamers . Hell i might even buy 2 . Thats how desperate i am for a great ARPG hack and slash for PC thats stays true to the genre. I dont want a story with voice acting, or be eased into its RPG macanics I want Loot, mobs and spells.

rich ruffo

Sentinel

June 29th, 2011, 16:48
DS3 looks like crap in comparison imo, here's a screen they use to advertise it (from the DS3 site): http://www.dungeonsiege.com/media/sc…ot_05_1024.jpg

Here's what Grim Dawn looks like: http://www.grimdawn.com/screenshots/…shhulk_lrg.jpg

There's no competition even.. Imo it looks even better than Diablo3, though i don't know which looks better in motion.

vurt

Serial Modderer

June 29th, 2011, 18:04
Hmmm, I found the DS3 picture to be of better quality, but it really doesn't matter. The point was that it's good enough already. Titan Quest was hella fun, so I have some hope that this will be decent as well.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

June 30th, 2011, 00:26
Originally Posted by Scrav View Post
Well its done by the people who worked on Titan Quest, so I have high hopes. The graphics look more than adequate to me, so far. The UI looks suspiciously familiar though.
Yeah, um, the UI looks the same as 99% of the other action rpgs….why fix it, if it ain't broke?

Looks great, I am eagerly awaiting this one.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

June 30th, 2011, 00:45
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
Yeah, um, the UI looks the same as 99% of the other action rpgs….why fix it, if it ain't broke?

Looks great, I am eagerly awaiting this one.
I has hinting that it was almost a complete copy of the Titan Quest UI, with text placement, resistances, etc.

Scrav

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grim Dawn - Two Screens