|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Inquisitor - Forum Update

Default Inquisitor - Forum Update

July 10th, 2011, 00:17
Roland sends in an Inquisitor update from their forums, where someone who preordered back in January asks for a release update (my preorder is so old I can't remember what year it was). Last we heard they were aiming for beta-testing back in March, which of course didn't happen. Now it appears their focus is other games but perhaps the end of the year is the suggestion:
Hello Jean,

thanks for pre-ordering the English version of Inquisitor. Even though we are currently working on other projects (Gyro13 among others), we would like to release the English version of Inquisitor by the end of this year. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 10th, 2011, 00:17
I seriously doubt it will even come out. It will be one of many CRPGS from overseas that never gets a English releases.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

July 10th, 2011, 00:38
A good lesson about pre-ordering.

Santos

Ass-hat

July 10th, 2011, 01:41
I heard very little about this game but I really like what I see from the screenshots.

Hopefully, it will get released soon enough.

vanedor

SasqWatch

July 10th, 2011, 01:55
Crap like this makes people a lot less likely to pre-order. Thanks for betraying public trust! There is NO FREAKING WAY an indie should be working on anything else in lieu of finishing a game people have already pre-ordered. Otherwise, an honorable studio should be refunding pre-orders.

It's crap like this that make people say, "I won't buy it unless it's on Steam."

RampantCoyote

Sentinel

July 10th, 2011, 02:05
Yeah but I can point out many crpgs that were promised but never got delivered. Some still have websites. This game has slipped its release many times with more excuses and no answers.

I can translate over 100,000 words of french into English in a week. They can translate there game faster to.

Last edited by Couchpotato; July 10th, 2011 at 11:02.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

July 10th, 2011, 03:06
Im playing Avernum 6 right now and am really,enjoying it . This inspired me to look into my most anticapated 2D isometric game INQUISITOR. Guys , no joke , i must have sent them 15 emails in the last 3 days saying give us some kind of update. I come to my favorite rpg site with my favorite gamer brothren and i see this. This is complete bullshit, most blatent disregaurd to fans/customers that put cash upfront alot of it i might add for an indie game . Cinemax has alot of nerve ignoring fans . I want my friggin game cinemax . If the game didnt look so good , i would have moved on , but Inquisitor sounds and looks like a isometric dream come true. Especialy since there is a lack there of.

rich ruffo

Sentinel

July 10th, 2011, 03:32
I bet it will get released. It doesn't cost them much to do this on the side, they are just trying to make money on new projects knowing Inquisitor is unlikely to generate much revenue.

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

July 10th, 2011, 09:02
probably all their resources was spent into releasing those 9 patches it has (so far).. at least the english release should be fairly bug free once (if) released.

vurt

Serial Modderer

July 10th, 2011, 11:53
Well, I checked. My preorder is from 2009 and the promise was a release in Q1 '10. That means the release will have been delayed by almost 2 years if it makes the end of this year.

I don't mind the delays as such but I do find the lack of proper updates utterly unprofessional. Especially since the translation was (apparently) almost done in November last year.

All that said, I wrote all the money off when I placed the order. I intentionally accepted the potential loss because I was prepared to do that to report on a game we'd followed for a decade.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 10th, 2011, 14:45
You should never pre order from the developers own sites.

Ashbery76

Watchdog

July 10th, 2011, 14:54
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I can translate over 100,000 words of french into English in a week. They can translate there game faster to.
You donīt say .

What you think about most, is what you become.

DeepO

deep outside

July 10th, 2011, 17:25
To work on the game for ten years , why drop the ball now especially when your taking money from customers. With this last update , i have abandon all hope on playing this game on my rig. That is the most disapointing of it all not the 50 bucks.

rich ruffo

Sentinel

July 10th, 2011, 20:32
Originally Posted by DeepO View Post
You donīt say .
I do say. The main problem is how some some words translate. You have to substitute words that match to make it sound better in English. Just play some translated Russian games to English to see how not to do it.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

July 10th, 2011, 22:05
Who's making this thing, 3DRealms?!

SirJames

Sentinel

July 11th, 2011, 01:51
If they can say that as an excuse, they must be very brazen. I don't know what they called but this is called "swindling" in my book.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch

July 11th, 2011, 03:00
I think they could get respectable sales for this if they priced it aggressively on digital download sites and got some reviews to generate buzz. I just bought Numan, another game of theirs, on the Steam Summer Sale for $2.50 so I could see this getting some impulse buys if the price is right.

I'm interested in getting this game but there is no way in hell I am giving these guys money. If it shows up on Steam one of these days (one of these years?) then I'll probably grab it then. Until then I'm just going to consider it vaporware.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

July 11th, 2011, 10:59
You have to pay to pre order? I have done pre orders before but they only charged me after they send the game or there about.

What am I missing?

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch

July 11th, 2011, 11:23
Lots of preorders require payment. I guess you're missing the fact that it's quite common.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 11th, 2011, 11:29
The games I've pre-ordered have all required immediate payment.

It's part of the reason I rarely do it anymore.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Inquisitor - Forum Update