|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Frontier Fantasy a J-RPG Classic

Default Frontier Fantasy a J-RPG Classic

September 15th, 2013, 01:37
Hey guys,
my new group CanGameStudios has been recently working on an RPG title called Frontier Fantasy. Were inspired by classical rpgs like Final Fantasy, Golden sun and Phantasy Star. Were hoping to build a fanbase around the game so we can get gamer inputs and what they would like to see in the game (transformations, summons, etc..). In general, the over-world of the game will be improved (smoother controls, much faster optimization, etc..). The current art in the game is all placeholder so we will be updating it once we build a decent fan base. The battle system structure is pretty much complete but as of right now we need a community that's interested.

You can find out more information about our project here as well as our kickstarter:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/…assic?ref=live

CanGame

Traveler

September 17th, 2013, 22:39
Hi CanGame,
Your game looks promising.
For my taste "Frontier Fantasy" sounds too much like final fantasy. I would consider a name change, if that is possible for you.
I'm surprised about the quality of the tile graphics. Where did you get those? Do you have an artist in your team?

fiorel

Watcher

October 19th, 2013, 00:52
Originally Posted by fiorel View Post
Hi CanGame,
Your game looks promising.
For my taste "Frontier Fantasy" sounds too much like final fantasy. I would consider a name change, if that is possible for you.
I'm surprised about the quality of the tile graphics. Where did you get those? Do you have an artist in your team?

Sorry, I didn't realize there was a reply on this forum until just today but I appreciate the feedback. We do have an artists but they don't have any professional tools with them, just this simple no-brand 10$ tablet from 5 year agos. We were hoping to fund our project for better equipment.

Also we decided to keep it something similar to Final Fantasy or some form of a "fantasy" name title to get people's attention. It is a bit too late to change it so were gonna stick with it for now, hopefully it doesn't turn you away from the game too much.

CanGame

Traveler

Tags
battle, fans, final fantasy, kickstarter, rpg
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Frontier Fantasy a J-RPG Classic