|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Warhorse - Czech Studio working on AAA RPG

Default Warhorse - Czech Studio working on AAA RPG

July 25th, 2011, 23:13
Worthplaying notes new development studio Warhorse is working on a "triple-A role-playing game" in Prague. The studio was formed by Daniel Vavra, Director and Design lead for Mafia and Martin Klima, who wrote the PnP RPG Dragon's Lair and later founded ALTAR (UFO: Aftermath).
No details on the game itself, unfortunately.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 25th, 2011, 23:13
Drat! I totally read this as Whorehouse, at first glance; Warhorse is far less amusing.

Santos

Ass-hat

July 26th, 2011, 13:04
Originally Posted by Santos View Post
Whorehouse
Too bad CD Projekt won't see this, I bet we'd get the game with this title in a few years…
And I'd definetly buy it.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

July 26th, 2011, 13:05
Originally Posted by Santos View Post
Drat! I totally read this as Whorehouse, at first glance; Warhorse is far less amusing.
Considering that its a stable in modern rpgs its not too far of to make one about it.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

July 26th, 2011, 13:16
I'd say most AAA development houses could be safely referred to as "whorehouses"

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

July 26th, 2011, 13:41
I think developers should spend some time making their game before announcing it. Especially when they don't have anything ( like a screen-shot, artwork, summary, details or even a name ) to show to people.

Frozen Fireball

Trying to unfreeze

July 26th, 2011, 13:42
Cool. Hope its more involved than strictly action rpg.

hishadow

Level N+1

July 26th, 2011, 19:05
Originally Posted by Frozen Fireball View Post
I think developers should spend some time making their game before announcing it. Especially when they don't have anything ( like a screen-shot, artwork, summary, details or even a name ) to show to people.
There is one piece of art and it seems the game will be set in middle ages, in mediaval Europe. They merely announced formation of new studio, game reveal will come later. Nothing wrong with that, ffs.

Paul

Watchdog

July 26th, 2011, 19:28
Well, I didn't know about the piece of art. ( It wasn't mentioned in the source) In that case, it's fine. I thought nothing came along with the announcement of the game.

For other people who want to see it:

BTW, the point I was trying to make was the fact that devs should announce their game only when they it's clear what kind of game they are going to make. Many developers announce their game at early stages of development, but then their game gets cancelled, they abandon it or even change its structure or genre. In the end, it damages their own reputation. Of course, this might not be the case with this studio and they make their game and achieve success with it, but it's always a good idea to work on a project secretly and reveal it to audience ( and especially use phrase like " AAA " for it ) only when there's enough times spent on its development.
Last edited by Frozen Fireball; July 26th, 2011 at 20:43.

Frozen Fireball

Trying to unfreeze

July 26th, 2011, 20:17
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
I'd say most AAA development houses could be safely referred to as "whorehouses"
I've seen pictures of many dev studios and those must be some of the ugliest "whores" in existence. Well, if a whore gives sex away for free, as opposed to a prostitute who charges, then they might possibly get some business.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

July 26th, 2011, 21:58
… "Warhorse" … Finally someone who appreciates the work of the "beasts of burden" …

Did you know that in mines there were horses which never saw the light ? They were kept there, because of their sheer power and strength to pull the ore waggons out …

At the Mining Museum of Bochum, Germany, there actually is a memorial for all of these "Gruben-Pferde" ("Mine-Horses") …

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 26th, 2011, 22:06
Can I make a wish for this game just based on the nsme and the pic?? M&B combat on top of a strong single player RPG.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Warhorse - Czech Studio working on AAA RPG