|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » dreamfall to be continued*

Default dreamfall to be continued*

March 2nd, 2007, 02:02
http://www.funcom.com/wsp/funcom/fro…&table=CONTENT

curious

liberty or license

March 2nd, 2007, 05:32

Guess that means I'll have to start looking into one of those online distribution systems like Steam eventually, which so far I've happily avoided… but oh well. And if there's really plans for something MMO-like, I know where I'll likely be spending my online time in the future. Either way, hearing solid plans about the continuation of Dreamfall is good news!

The creator has some more info on this.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey
Last edited by Arhu; March 2nd, 2007 at 05:49.

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

March 2nd, 2007, 09:21
But it was inevitably too, because of the way Dreamfall ended and Dreamfall has been a huge succes for Funcom.

Asbjoern

N'wah

March 2nd, 2007, 15:20
That sounds really interesting … something to look forward to. I think that episodic content it a hard challenge, because you almost have to do the whole series before releasing the first and just polish them down from there if you hope to keep any reasonable schedule … or you end up with a joke like HL Ep 2 …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

March 2nd, 2007, 16:28
Well, if I recall correctly, Ragnar Tornquist already implied that he had the story for Dreamfall 2 in his head before they even started working on Dreamfall 1. Keep in mind that the latter was planned as a two-part story from the beginning. He even said that should anything happen which made a sequel to Dreamfall impossible, he'd make sure that the rest of the story would reach the fans one way or another.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » dreamfall to be continued*