|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Deep Shadows Games » Xenus 2: White Gold » question concerning unofficial patch and the russian 1.1 patch

Default question concerning unofficial patch and the russian 1.1 patch

August 4th, 2011, 18:32
does the latest unofficial patch include the changes from the Russian patch, thereby rendering the need to install the Russian patch unnecessary?

drakelbob

Traveler

August 4th, 2011, 20:51
Originally Posted by drakelbob View Post
does the latest unofficial patch include the changes from the Russian patch, thereby rendering the need to install the Russian patch unnecessary?
Yes and no. It includes the game related fixes, but not the executable fixes, because the executables are copy protected. You can run it with 1.0 but you will miss the 1.1 engine optimizations.

Wesp5

Unofficial Patcher

May 5th, 2012, 20:16
On GG version, if I use the 1.1ru patch and they ask for a disk check. Is there a work around? Or am I forced to just use 1.5?

someone else

Traveler

August 22nd, 2012, 11:56
Has anyone been able to find the diskless version of the 1.1 patch? Now that the Deep Silver forums are down, the "this thread contains a link to the patch" is no longer valid, and sadly archive.org has no copy of the thread.

I can run the game with the GamersGate 1.0 version just fine, but I would like to get the optimisations. The only 1.1 patch I could find uses the StarForce DRM, although thankfully I did a full-backup of the folder so it was easy to revert.

jtgibson

Traveler

August 22nd, 2012, 12:11
I looked for that for a long time but had no luck, I dont think it exists. In the end I just downloaded a disk image, mounted it with daemon tools to keep starforce happy, and patched the game to 1.1.

badmofo

Tired but happy

August 26th, 2012, 10:57
Check my post called how to buy white gold. It has a link for the 1.1 diskless patch.

HomerPepsi

blank

August 26th, 2012, 13:31
Woops I thought this was the Precursors thread. Getting old, confusion setting in.

badmofo

Tired but happy

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Deep Shadows Games » Xenus 2: White Gold » question concerning unofficial patch and the russian 1.1 patch