|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Deep Shadows Games » The Precursors » Font color HUD (mod in preparation)

Default Font color HUD (mod in preparation)

August 23rd, 2011, 11:13
Originally Posted by Shepard_the_3rd View Post
I noticed that the first time it is shown and apparently activating the scope or binoculars is seen as event (first time after reload game, I guess).
This may be true for The Precursors and I see it now both on my ATI and NVIDIA systems, but the original White Gold mod shows both zoom and range immediately. So maybe we are missing something, because both your and my version shows the delay until an event.

Wesp5

Unofficial Patcher

August 23rd, 2011, 22:32
We know that White Gold and The Precursors are not behaving the same and there are differences in the .xml files. I can't compare with White Gold. But for The Precursors the behavior of the binocular mod is the same as for the sniper. So, I don't see what I've done wrong.
You mentioned earlier that you got the original mod working for The Precursors. How did that behave?

Shepard_the_3rd

Watcher

August 23rd, 2011, 23:23
Originally Posted by Shepard_the_3rd View Post
You mentioned earlier that you got the original mod working for The Precursors. How did that behave?
The same way, the labels only appear after you move and zoom the binoculars. Is this true for the sniper rifle as well?

Wesp5

Unofficial Patcher

August 24th, 2011, 00:05
Yes, sniper scope and binulars react the same way. That was the idea in the beginning.
Anyway, I have just tested it a bit and the display behavior depends on the last value used. It remembers the last zoom factor of a specific device (camera, sniper and binoculars). If you put them in different zoom values and switched between them the zoom factor is displayed on activation. If you activate the same device twice the display is gone the second time. This seems logical to me.
As far as I can see we can't influence the numerical values within the scheme.xml file.

Shepard_the_3rd

Watcher

August 23rd, 2012, 03:54
does wesp's hud fix have anything to do with you work??

i never thought i be this old!

DONKEYARSE

Watcher

August 23rd, 2012, 14:18
Originally Posted by DONKEYARSE View Post
does wesp's hud fix have anything to do with you work??
Yes, just check the readme of the patch: Included HUD improvements and missing icons, thanks Shepard_the_3rd.

Wesp5

Unofficial Patcher

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Deep Shadows Games » The Precursors » Font color HUD (mod in preparation)