|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Witcher 2 - New and improved PC version 2.0 announced

Default The Witcher 2 - New and improved PC version 2.0 announced

August 17th, 2011, 18:31
Originally Posted by Motoki View Post
There's a new 360 trailer out that has scenes that feature King Demavend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QwpjlXvq_Y

Presumably this is some sort of DLC. It should make it to the PC version as part of their 'Everything the 360 version gets the PC version will get pledge'.

I think there is some quest stuff coming too but it seems like they are choosing to highlight the action stuff. I imagine they think that will get the most attention or are more excited about that.

I have to admit as time goes on this series is getting more and more action-y, which I don't love. I hope they keep the story element going and a focus.
Thanks, that looks interesting…

But yeah, they really do seem to emphasise the things that I'm not too keen on.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

August 17th, 2011, 20:49
Not too impressed by what I've seen so far. I'm not complaining about free content, but this isn't like the multitude of improvements they made to the EE version of TW1.

JDR13

SasqWatch

August 18th, 2011, 09:24
Originally Posted by Motoki View Post
There's a new 360 trailer out that has scenes that feature King Demavend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QwpjlXvq_Y

Presumably this is some sort of DLC. It should make it to the PC version as part of their 'Everything the 360 version gets the PC version will get' pledge.
Just looked like a cinematic to me.

DoctorNarrative

Patroling Written Words

August 19th, 2011, 04:11
Well i was just going to start replaying but will wait…I still have no complaints about the game at all…except on hard some parts were imposible…so dark mode might be interesting…

CelticFrost

Watchdog

August 19th, 2011, 12:09
Saw the new trailer(s) at the Games Com.

- Arena : Unlimited waves of different enemies are within that "Arena" going against the Witcher - "chance to develop new tactics", "get experience", "get new items"

- New "tutorial system" which explains the combat (and possibly the story as well, I guess)

- New mode : I think it was called "Darkness" or so (don't remember the word anymore), and it is like the hardest game difficulty, but in contrast tzo that you can save this time. It includes a new … twist in the story ? regarding this new mode.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

August 19th, 2011, 13:39
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
- New mode : I think it was called "Darkness" or so (don't remember the word anymore), and it is like the hardest game difficulty, but in contrast tzo that you can save this time. It includes a new … twist in the story ? regarding this new mode.
Dark mode. Along with new more powerful items for this mode (like a hoody).

kalniel

SasqWatch

August 19th, 2011, 22:43
Thanks for the clarification.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

August 21st, 2011, 15:26
Saw the new trailer(s) at the Games Com.

- Arena : Unlimited waves of different enemies are within that "Arena" going against the Witcher - "chance to develop new tactics", "get experience", "get new items"

- New "tutorial system" which explains the combat (and possibly the story as well, I guess)

So are these the only new things??

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

August 21st, 2011, 18:41
Well, there are all patches included as well.

But apart from that, I don't remember anything new … But keep in mind that I don't own the game yet … So I just can't judge …

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

August 21st, 2011, 19:57
During the press presentation there was something about 20 new ***** in addition to the 100 ***** - I just don't remember what it was. Maybe Quests ?! Hm…

lef

Sojourner

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Witcher 2 - New and improved PC version 2.0 announced