|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age 2 - Item Pack 2 DLC

Default Dragon Age 2 - Item Pack 2 DLC

August 19th, 2011, 23:45
Greywardens.com has news via a GamesCom Livestream that a new item pack DLC for Dragon Age 2 will be released next week. There are also possible hints of additional DLC or expansions, though nothing solid. From the article:
While dodging a question about the possibility of new DLC or an expansion, Melo announced that a second Item Pack will be available Tuesday. Melo said the package will add a couple new weapon and items to spruce up your appearance, but didn’t give any major details about what to expect to see.
Thanks, Archmage Silver!
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

August 19th, 2011, 23:45
Dumb things are dumb. More content pls.

darkling

Keeper of the Watch

August 20th, 2011, 01:02
agreed - who needs new items 6 months after the release?

Garrett

Watchdog
RPGWatch Team

August 20th, 2011, 01:34

DeepO

deep outside

August 20th, 2011, 06:59
Release games for full price with little to no items.
Release multiple item packs for $5-10
Profit.
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
agreed - who needs new items 6 months after the release?
There was so much wrong with DA2 that they probably couldn't crank another one out until now.

I bet we'll see the same crap with ME3 again. Maybe worse than ME2.

Grimlorn

Watchdog

August 20th, 2011, 08:27
Originally Posted by Grimlorn View Post
Profit.
There was so much wrong with DA2 that they probably couldn't crank another one out until now.

I bet we'll see the same crap with ME3 again. Maybe worse than ME2.
I agree just look at ME2 with the weapon and armor dlc. Its a disgrace but apparently people are more than happy to pay for it.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

August 20th, 2011, 11:52
They are addressing the needs of their fans, just like they said they would.

kalniel

SasqWatch

August 20th, 2011, 18:05
Support good DLC, ignore this trash.

DoctorNarrative

Patroling Written Words

August 20th, 2011, 19:18
Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
They are addressing the needs of their fans, just like they said they would.
No. They are creating a demand for their fans to profit off of. What good RPGs were released 10-15 years ago with such crappy item lists? None. Now that they've seen people will pay for them with ME2, they will continue to do so with all their games.

And their fans will continue to buy into their PR shit of caring for their fans by charging them to fix the game or add 2 hours of content for $10. We should all be grateful that Bioware is so benevolent.

Grimlorn

Watchdog

August 20th, 2011, 19:47
Can't wait. I am dying to play this game again, with this item pack.

Yes. I was being sarcastic.

blackcanopus

Dark Sun

August 20th, 2011, 23:44
Originally Posted by Grimlorn View Post
Profit.
You forgot the 'Sell your basegame on a popular game portal with lots of traffic to get a lot of copies out there, then refuse to sell the DLC there and force players to buy it directly from you, eliminating the middleman and maximizing profits' part.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

August 22nd, 2011, 04:26
When it comes to Bioware games, I have decided to not buy any of them till they re release the game that includes all the DLC in one package. Paying $5-10 for 1-2 hours of content, or just some items is not worth it to me.

Eisberg

Watchdog

August 22nd, 2011, 05:08
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
When it comes to Bioware games, I have decided to not buy any of them till they re release the game that includes all the DLC in one package. Paying $5-10 for 1-2 hours of content, or just some items is not worth it to me.
The thing that's annoying with them is that even when they do that, it still requires their online activation system to authorize the DLC and you need to create a Bioware account to do that. In the case of Dragon Age: Origins there have been issues where the servers don't authorize properly the DLC that you own even if you have the Ultimate Edition.

By the time the Ultimate/Gold/Game of the Year/Uber Platinum Velvet/whatever editions come out all that DLC is old anyway. Just put it all in the game installer and let people run it when the game starts and call it good.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

August 22nd, 2011, 13:12
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
When it comes to Bioware games, I have decided to not buy any of them till they re release the game that includes all the DLC in one package.
Same here.

Originally Posted by Motoki View Post
The thing that's annoying with them is that even when they do that, it still requires their online activation system to authorize the DLC and you need to create a Bioware account to do that.
I fear that they might even withhold some DLCs for their "indirect DRM" scheme (like with ME1) … This "authorization" is to me nothing but "indirect DRM" as well. It's so less painful that even the biggest DRM haters don't notice it.

Everyone who doenloads abnd "authorizes" a DLC is in principle nothing but … a non-pirate, in their eyes, I guess.

And even if I delete the DLC from my harddisk - then I'd have to download it again.

In principle, there's no way for me to store the DLCs on self-burned discs for later use … At least I wouldn't know how.
And the same is true for "authorized" DLCs - I wouldn't know how to transfer this "authorization" so on a self-burned disch that i would be able to use it even after EA has de-activated the "Authorisation Servers" … And I'm sure they'll do it one day ! - They have de-activated MP servers already, so i believe that everything is possible … But on the other hand I guess that the games of now wouldn't be able to run on the contemporary OSses the day EA de-activates their servers anyway …

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age 2 - Item Pack 2 DLC