Error: 'DETAILOPACITY' parameter not specified.

wea0

Traveler
When I try to start the game I get the Russobit-M video and after that:

"Error in file 'MATERIALS\KOSMOPORT\B_WITE.MAT' - 'DETAILOPACITY' parameter not specified."

I have the Gamersgate version. I have tried 1.0 and 1.1. I have tried with and without the unofficial patch 1.4. All give the same error.

Windows7 x64
Nvidia GTX 260M 280.26

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you running the game as administrator and did you install the games outside your Program Files folder?

Tried unofficial patch 1.5, still the same problem.

Yes. I have also tried all the other compatibility options offered by Windows 7, could not get Precursors to work.

Just guessing now but perhaps try installing it somewhere other than "C:\Program Files (x86)\".

Somewhere with no spaces in the path, like c:\games\precursors\

The same error, but I played the game before in the same PC

This is an old thread, but as it had no conclusion and I got the same problem, I was wondering: did the problem got fixed? I played The Precursors before, uninstaled it, and recently heard about a new unofficial patch (it might not be new anymore, but it was new then...) and decided to give the game another try. But I keep getting this error, with or without the russian patch 1.1, the sond fix, the image fix, the unofficial patch and whatever... I was thinking it could be a nnvidia driver problem, as the last time I installed the game was more than six months ago, but this thread is much older, so...

I hope someone can help you out. I have AMD Radeon card, their drivers cause other problems, but not your particular one. Do you have any opportunity to substitute an AMD card?

No, not for the moment at least. Well, maybe it's really a driver problem. I'll have to try on somebody elses PC, one with an AMD card to figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom