|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Polls & Comments » Will You Buy Icewind Dale: EE?

View Poll Results - Will You Buy Icewind Dale: EE?

Yes 19 30.65%
No 30 48.39%
Other 13 20.97%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Default Will You Buy Icewind Dale: EE?

August 31st, 2014, 23:05
With the announcement from Beamdog about the Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition I was curious about how many of our members will be buying the game on release.

loading…

So here is a new short poll with three simple questions.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator
Last edited by Couchpotato; August 31st, 2014 at 23:25.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

August 31st, 2014, 23:12
I am still halfway bgII, and stopped playing. Not really sure i will continu. Perhaps if i finish it I will buy icewind dale, not sure yet.

I dont have the time to play games like i use to have. kids, wife a job… And i really like original sin and looking forward to pillars and torment. If i have to guess i prbably wont have the time

Ursusdraconis

Watcher

August 31st, 2014, 23:24
I am voting no.
IWD is weakest Infinity engine game+ I don't think beamdog's remakes are done well and with lot of interesting games coming out and in my backlog I rather put my gaming time into something else.Maybe one day where there isn't anything interesting to play I might give it a try.
Last edited by Nameless one; September 1st, 2014 at 08:31.

Nameless one

Wizzard

August 31st, 2014, 23:36
I voted no, too. Not because I don't like the Icewind Dale series.
Quite the contrary - I have the whole series in boxed versions and I played through it a couple of times already. I don't think I'll play it again.
I have way too many games old and new that I have to play for the first time.

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

August 31st, 2014, 23:40
I bought the IW collection a couple of years ago since I never played those. Stopped midway through IW1 and never tried IW2 or any of the expansions (if there were any). Game is too, I don't know, mechanical. Just battle after battle after battle.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

August 31st, 2014, 23:54
Ofcourse.

Both, bg ee and bg2 ee offered me tons of enjoyment. I couldn't beforehand imagine how much fun it would be to replay these both classics updated to modern pcs and the extra content such as new companions were a blast. Both games are staying on my hd permanently

Dez

Watcher of The Keep

September 1st, 2014, 00:11
Absolutely.

I love the improvements Beamdog made in the BG EE games especially the zoom feature. I'm looking forward to eventually owning EE versions of all the Infinity Engine games.

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 1st, 2014, 00:14
Didn't buy BG:EE, won't buy this either.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

September 1st, 2014, 00:59
I'll definitely buy it, but not on release. I don't buy anything on release, since I usually play old games that I picked up in sales, etc.

I'll pick it up when it's $4.99

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

September 1st, 2014, 01:49
I'm not going to buy it. The zone feature and the quick loot is nice, but there is already a great HD mod out there.

Firestorm

exp Looter

September 1st, 2014, 02:02
I'll buy it simply to support both a local business and a fine crpg. I sent Beamdog pizzas when BG 1 extended was released, beer for BG 2, and I'm thinking cheesecakes for this one!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

September 1st, 2014, 04:19
I put "other" for "maybe". If there's tons of new content - like companions - and it's basically a new game, I'll have to give it a shot. Otherwise, I might feel a little bit of financial guilt buying it when there's so much coming out next year that I can't live without…

Though…consider me tempted.

Aubrielle

Ginger Stiletto
RPGWatch Team

September 1st, 2014, 06:30
Probably not. I would like to.. But recently I've started to ask mysef before buying whether it's likely I'm going to play the game or not. My back catalog usually says no.

It's sad and boring and I wish that I wasn't so sensible of course.

Pibbur who is drinking coffee at the moment of writing.

PS and BTW: The wiktionary word of the day today is "diaperhood". DS.

d++a59e++TU4567'!S'!89!A!WM!LuC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++
Last edited by pibbur who; September 1st, 2014 at 10:25.

pibbur who

Number 13

September 1st, 2014, 10:22
I voted no. Beamdog didn't really impress me with BG1/2EEs and as someone already mentioned, there are already couple of mods out there doing basically same thing as Beamdog's *enhancements*.

BG2 fan girl
BG2: Eowyn & Anomen
IWD: Orhlanna & Korin
ME: Shepard & Garrus

purpleblob

Princess

September 1st, 2014, 11:55
Probably - though I'm likely to wait until I can get it cheap.

Not because I really want to play it - but because I like having the best versions of games I can potentially enjoy again.

That said, I'm waiting for some suit to realise that buying one version should give access to all versions.

Meaning, if I get this for PC - I should get it on Android and iPad as well, and it would be trivial to have some kind of cloud solution for savegames.

If they're concerned about getting money for their minimal effort, they could simply make a "combined" version at a slightly higher price.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

September 1st, 2014, 16:21
Nope, already got it once and I don't see why I should pay more to get it again but with mods included at install and game breaking bugs at release. It's cheap on GOG and it works fine, not much to enhance there.
Originally Posted by Ursusdraconis View Post
I am still halfway bgII, and stopped playing. Not really sure i will continu. Perhaps if i finish it I will buy icewind dale, not sure yet.

I dont have the time to play games like i use to have. kids, wife a job… And i really like original sin and looking forward to pillars and torment. If i have to guess i prbably wont have the time
Man, you should give Icewind Dale a go, it's way less timewasting than the BG series and way more fun and atmospheric. Almost no need to keep track of the plot either so you can play a couple encounters a day and not feel senile if you wait long between the times spent playing.
http://www.gog.com/game/icewind_dale_complete
Grab it here, it's DRM free and everything.

Digger Nick

Banned

+1:

September 1st, 2014, 19:21
I voted Other, meaning maybe. I picked up the Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 EE and still haven't had time to play them with so much new stuff coming out and not having the time to devote to gaming that I used to. I am having to budget my gaming time - I would rather play the new stuff that I haven't had time to get to yet than replay a game I finished years ago, even if it does have a fresh coat of paint.

That being said, I probably should have voted yes, since more than likely sooner or later I will pick it up on a Steam sale or elsewhere at a discount.

Xian

Sentinel

September 1st, 2014, 19:30
Voted no.

Chief reason being my backlog and I don't think that much new content can be added to it.

The Wanderer

in paths untrodden
RPGWatch Donor

September 1st, 2014, 19:42
Probably not .. I completed IWD (eventually) when it originally launched, and I'm not really one for going back and hacking through them again. Couple that with the fact that it was one of the weakest of the Infinity Engine games of that era and there's nothing to compel me to part with my readies [until it goes on a stupidly cheap sale at least]…

Stumpy

Traveler

September 1st, 2014, 20:55
Nope. IW1 was my least favourite infinity engine game. Too much useless fighting and the story was weak for my taste.
And wasteland 2 is coming too…..

akarthis

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Polls & Comments » Will You Buy Icewind Dale: EE?