|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Borderlands 2 - Preview @ Eurogamer

Default Borderlands 2 - Preview @ Eurogamer

September 6th, 2011, 05:57
Eurogamer has a Borderlands 2 preview based on a short demo session that focuses on the combat and what they saw:
The UI has been improved in the menus as well. No longer will split-screen require you to go through the headache of scrolling across menus and inventory screens. It's not long before we find an outpost full of bandits. Unlike its predecessor, wounded enemies in Borderlands 2 react to their injuries with knockdowns, staggers, and stuns being commonplace. There's still a slight disconnect between them being shot and their muted jerky reactions, but the correlation between your bullets and their bodies is a step forward at least.
Their AI is more advanced, too. "They can now go anywhere you can," explains Gibson. They'll hop up roofs and give chase, so you can no longer use ladders as a cheap getaway. Different enemies will have unique capabilities like healing, so they'll replenish their comrade's health if you don't eliminate them in time. This should add a greater degree of tactics to the combat than shooting everything that moves until it stops.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 6th, 2011, 05:57
Odd that they picked an example of a unique game mechanic by giving us one that already existed in the first game (Combat Medics always healed allies).

And wow, while I was a fan of the artistic direction of the first one, the colors in part 2 are a bit too vivid and cheesy for me.

Santos

Ass-hat

September 6th, 2011, 13:58
Originally Posted by Santos View Post
And wow, while I was a fan of the artistic direction of the first one, the colors in part 2 are a bit too vivid and cheesy for me.

I had the exact same thought.. The color palette looks pretty garish to me.

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 6th, 2011, 15:23
I must admit that the art is uniqe. This is a game designed for consoles and all those bright neon colors are to stimulate and excite the kiddies. I could give a rats ass about BL 1.5 i want a True dark and grusome ALIENS shooter with the graphics to the MAX.

rich ruffo

Sentinel

September 6th, 2011, 15:25
Looks awesome.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

September 7th, 2011, 06:21
If anyone is interested in seeing the game in action, here's some video footage from a camera that was supposedly sneaked into a private showing.

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 7th, 2011, 07:00
Originally Posted by rich ruffo View Post
all those bright neon colors are to stimulate and excite the kiddies.
I am guessing your teenage pallet were black, white and brownish.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

September 7th, 2011, 15:47
No , it was gun grey and anthrasite .

rich ruffo

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Borderlands 2 - Preview @ Eurogamer