|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Arcania: FoS - October 25th Release Set

Default Arcania: FoS - October 25th Release Set

September 22nd, 2011, 23:59
Nordic Games sends along this press release announcing ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif is alive and well and will be released October 25th "from all major digital etailers":
NORDIC GAMES TO PUBLISH ARCANIA: FALL OF SETARRIF
Nordic Games GmbH’s first release will hit the digital shelves on October 25th 2011

Vienna, Austria, 21stSeptember 2011: Nordic Games GmbH, part of the Nordic Games Holding AB group, is proud to announce that its first release will be “ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif” for PC.

The stand-alone expansion pack, is the next installment of the ArcaniA 4 Gothic storyline and will be available for download on October 25th2011. It is the first game to be released by the recently established company Nordic Games GmbH, based in Vienna, Austria.

“We are glad that ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif happens to be the first release of our company. There are still a lot of background activities taking place, but I could not think of a better way to break the ice and get our communications started than with this product announcement”, comments Lars Wingefors, CEO, Nordic Games GmbH.

“ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif” has an estimated playtime of between 4 and 8 hours, will retail at EUR 14.99, and will be available from all major digital etailers.
Further game assets and other product related information will be released in due course.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 22nd, 2011, 23:59
Afaik FoS was ready to ship and only needed a publisher. Are Nordic planning to continue the Arcania IP?

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

September 23rd, 2011, 00:19
The game had enough publishers. The question is if Nordic hired enough lawyers to sort this mess out.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

September 23rd, 2011, 00:25
You mean people might actually BUY this?? At that Price!!!! There must be a LOT of masochists in the gaming community!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

September 23rd, 2011, 00:50
“ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif” has an estimated playtime of between 4 and 8 hours, will retail at EUR 14.99, and will be available from all major digital etailers.
That's sort of pathetic for a stand-alone expansion.

ArcaniA was terrible anyways though (imo), and I'm curious how many people will even bother to play FoS.

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 23rd, 2011, 00:50
I'm sure the RPGWatch community is practically peeing themselves with excitement.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

September 23rd, 2011, 01:15
I don't get the whole concept of a stand alone expansion. Isn't it basically just a new game then?

Is this going to be Arcania + FoS together in one GOTY style or is it just a completely separate 4 hour game for $15? Because if the latter there are 99 cent cell phone games that give more gameplay than that.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

September 23rd, 2011, 01:22
It's a separate game.

Stand-alone add-ons don't have the classic add-on problem that you need the main game to play.

15 EUR RRP sounds fair to me. That's only 1/3rd of the standard full price. They can hardly go lower for a retail game with high production values.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

September 23rd, 2011, 02:45
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
You mean people might actually BUY this?? At that Price!!!! There must be a LOT of masochists in the gaming community!!
I don't get the whole concept of a stand alone expansion. Isn't it basically just a new game then?

Is this going to be Arcania + FoS together in one GOTY style or is it just a completely separate 4 hour game for $15? Because if the latter there are 99 cent cell phone games that give more gameplay than that.
Two Worlds II: PotFF cost around $25-35 and last only 10hrs. Just a counter fact. People will buy this to since its basically the ending of the game that was cut out.

"Frankly Sir /Madam I don't give a damn about your opinion."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

September 23rd, 2011, 03:58
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Two Worlds II: PotFF cost around $25-35 and last only 10hrs. Just a counter fact. People will buy this to since its basically the ending of the game that was cut out.
Except that Steam says I am already at 10 hours and I'm nowhere near done with it. (I owned TW2 before but re-bought it on Steam on sale when the expansion came out so my previous play time pre-expansion is not included in that 10 hours).

I guess those numbers aren't always that accurate and it's hard to predict how someone will play, particularly in sandbox style games.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

September 23rd, 2011, 04:07
I didn't mind Arcania so much, other than it wasn't a Gothic game, no matter what the title said. It was an average game, nothing really standing out. I won't get the expansion at full price, I will wait for it to drop.

Now, if Nordic would just get Spellforce 2 Faith in Destiny released - I would buy that immediately.

Xian

Sentinel

September 23rd, 2011, 04:22
Originally Posted by Motoki View Post
Except that Steam says I am already at 10 hours and I'm nowhere near done with it. (I owned TW2 before but re-bought it on Steam on sale when the expansion came out so my previous play time pre-expansion is not included in that 10 hours).

I guess those numbers aren't always that accurate and it's hard to predict how someone will play, particularly in sandbox style games.
Official marketing says 10-12 but ya some people just play slow and take in the scenery. There isn't much to explore in Two Worlds II anyway. Mostly fetch and kill quests going to the same areas.

"Frankly Sir /Madam I don't give a damn about your opinion."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

September 23rd, 2011, 05:35
despite paying around $40 for Two Worlds 2 which i never finished, and $15 for Arcania which I did finish. I would gladly pay more for this than the latest addon for Two Worlds 2. I'll probably still wait 'til it drops to $10 but for such a short experience that seems kind of silly to have it seperate. how the hell are skills going to work with such a short gaming experience? new skills or are they just going to start you at a high level. i guess its probably best though as much as the playthrough was fun it definately wasn't warranting of another playthough which i doubt i could get through anyhow…

well at least this thread hasn't erupted into mindless hatebashing of the game yet…

—-when we figure out how to build guillotines for corporations the new revolution will have begun—-

curious

liberty or license

September 23rd, 2011, 11:03
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
Nordic Games sends along this press release announcing ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif is alive and well and will be released October 25th "from all major digital etailers":
More information.
This is outrageous. Who wants a friggin DD only release? Gimme a box, gimme a DVD, gimme a manual and I'd pay even more for it. But this amount of money for some digital nothing?

No friggin way.

Sir_Brennus

Planeswalker

September 23rd, 2011, 11:07
I'll probably buy it. My to-play-list is fairly small until SW: TOR is out.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

September 23rd, 2011, 11:16
Glad this is getting some sort of release given the game is finished (although there is finished and "finished" - see Forsaken Gods).

coaster

Utarg of Utarg

September 23rd, 2011, 11:22
Originally Posted by curious View Post
despite paying around $40 for Two Worlds 2 which i never finished, and $15 for Arcania which I did finish. I would gladly pay more for this than the latest addon for Two Worlds 2.
I feel as you.

Daroou

SasqWatch

September 23rd, 2011, 16:26
How curious, no one mentioned DA2 DLCs which need the original game to run, take 1-2 hour to complete and cost 10$.

blackcanopus

Dark Sun

September 23rd, 2011, 16:37
4 to 8 hours of content?

Ehm, no thanks….

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

September 23rd, 2011, 17:43
Originally Posted by blackcanopus View Post
How curious, no one mentioned DA2 DLCs which need the original game to run, take 1-2 hour to complete and cost 10$.
I think (actually, I HOPE) everyone is done ranting about that.

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Arcania: FoS - October 25th Release Set