|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout: New Vegas - Gun Runners Arsenal Preview @ Bethblog

Default Fallout: New Vegas - Gun Runners Arsenal Preview @ Bethblog

September 25th, 2011, 07:05
The Bethblog has a look at the Gun Runners Arsenal DLC pack due next week. A sample:
Mad Bomber (Perk) - Specialized training is now available for wastelanders with a talent for Repair and a love of Explosives. Learn how to get the most of your Powder Charges, Bottlecap Mines, and Time Bombs! Love Mini-Nukes but hate carrying around a Fat Man? Slap on a Sensor Module and make a Fat Mine! Want to find another use for those heavy Microfusion Cells? With a bit of Scrap Electronics and some know-how, youíll be hurling MFC Grenades and MFC Clusters in no time! Crafting humble Tin Grenades and even devastating Nuka-Grenades are a snap with this handy perk.
Tin Grenade, Fat Mine - Two ends of the Mad Bomber spectrum, similar purposes: blowing things up. A Tin Grenade is one of the simplest recipes weíve seen. Take some ordinary Pistol Powder, a Tin Can, and some Duct Tape. Wrap them up (you put the Pistol Powder into the can, weíre told) and youíve got a cheap, low-power grenade. How does it detonate? Donít ask us. If you like the explosions generated by Mini-Nukes (who doesnít? we donít want to know them) but donít like carrying around a Fat Man, you can use some Scrap Metal, Scrap Electronics, and Sensor Module to turn that Mini-Nuke into a Fat Mine. Same explosion, different detonation technique. Warning: be careful about planting these on folks ó for reasons we hope are obvious.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 25th, 2011, 07:05
Hope these stick to what little balance the main game+honest hearts had.

KapitanUnterhosen

Sentinel

September 25th, 2011, 18:32
I'm still waiting for the GotY edition to be announced…

Barghest

SasqWatch

September 25th, 2011, 20:58
I thought i was the only one that held out until the GOTY. I cant WAIT to play the game in its full glory DLC, MODs and all. Im hopin before XMAS. Im gonna do the same with SKYRIM,Dues EX3. I hate playing my rpgs chopped up.

rich ruffo

Sentinel

September 25th, 2011, 22:10
I just started another playthrough, so I'll be looking forward to this.

Love Mini-Nukes but hate carrying around a Fat Man? Slap on a Sensor Module and make a Fat Mine!
LOL! That's going to be so much fun.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

September 25th, 2011, 23:31
I've changed computers since I player Fallout Vegas. Do I need my original character for any of the DLCs???

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

September 25th, 2011, 23:35
You need a (med-high level) character for all of them. They all start as in-game pop-up (Pipboy picks up a broadcast bla bla) and you travel to the indicated location. I think the minimum recommended level for any of them is 15, so you need any character/save with a reasonable amount of development.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 26th, 2011, 01:07
HH: No recommended level(lv10+?)
OWB: level 15+
DM: level 20+
LR: level 25+
Last edited by KapitanUnterhosen; September 26th, 2011 at 03:35.

KapitanUnterhosen

Sentinel

September 26th, 2011, 05:46
thanks guys, I think my final level was in the mid 40s. I got all my save games on a memory stick so I'm good to go.

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout: New Vegas - Gun Runners Arsenal Preview @ Bethblog