|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics, Religion & other Controversies » The Wall Street Occupation

Default The Wall Street Occupation

October 26th, 2011, 19:55
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
Tremendously funny and realistic enough that we've got lefties all over stammering away, but ultimately iz fiction.
Lefties all over were busy checking sources while righties were busy swallowing it line, hook and sinker. Pathetic really…

zahratustra

SasqWatch

October 26th, 2011, 20:00
When I played Star Wars Galaxies there were those who enjoyed Star Wars very much. There were also those who made the macros to gain experience points, loot and every other way to increase their numbers possible. They were usually AFK and not that interested in actually experience the game. They did however manage to break and distort the game and ruined the experience for the rest who actually wanted to have some fun between all the grinding.

There are those, who see the neccessity of rules to make a game fun. There are those who simply see a number and ways to maximize that number, even competing with others to see who can maximize it the most. Those guys tend to destroy the game for everybody else. Maybe it would be better to just kick those guys.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

October 26th, 2011, 20:08
Greed. One of the 7 deadly sins, now responsible for the worst recession since the Great Depression. Yet people who continue to gamble with other people's money are rewarded more than most other professions. Go figure.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 26th, 2011, 20:12
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
On that link, he says this is satire. Why would anyone go around "collecting" comments unless they were spying on the enemy. Rather pathetic, actually.
OK, jokes on me then! It was passed around here as a real quote.

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

October 26th, 2011, 20:16
Don't you think that's like the pot calling the kettle black?
Are you insinuating that I lie? My beef with Moore isn't his political opinions. I may not share them, but he's welcome to them. MY beef is that he presents 'documentaries' that are anything but. He takes things intentionally out of context, out of order, etc. for the express point of supporting his opinion. If he presented it as such, that wouldn't bother me, but the fact that he and the rest of the whackjobs in Hollywood talk about his 'documentaries' drives me up a wall.

A documentary filmmaker/journalist/etc. does their best to keep their bias out of their work. It's impossible to eliminate all bias of course, but the obligation is for the person producing the work to do their absolute best. He does the exact opposite. He introduces as much bias as he can to make a point.

As someone that has done ACTUAL documentary work (photojournalism), it offends me when people refer to him as a documentary film work and heap awards on him.

————————————————-

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

October 26th, 2011, 20:21
Greed. One of the 7 deadly sins, now responsible for the worst recession since the Great Depression. Yet people who continue to gamble with other people's money are rewarded more than most other professions. Go figure.
And, like Jemy has said already, after a certain amount of zeros it stops being about money and becomes just a pissing contest and a game of numbers.

zahratustra

SasqWatch

October 26th, 2011, 20:38
Originally Posted by blatantninja View Post
Are you insinuating that I lie?
Well there was evidence in this thread already, but at least you admitted to being in the wrong. I'll give you a thumbs up for that. Notice that DTE never admits he's made a mistake.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 26th, 2011, 20:55
Greed went far beyond the top 1%, its pervasive in the whole system. Without greed by the general consumer and home buyers/home equity borrowers, the guys putting together all these fancy products would have had no business.

————————————————-

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

October 26th, 2011, 20:55
Well there was evidence in this thread already, but at least you admitted to being in the wrong. I'll give you a thumbs up for that. Notice that DTE never admits he's made a mistake.
I was under the impression that he never does!

————————————————-

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

October 26th, 2011, 21:02
Originally Posted by zahratustra View Post
Lefties all over were busy checking sources while righties were busy swallowing it line, hook and sinker. Pathetic really…
You didn't check shit. You asked us to check it for you. Talk about pathetic.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

October 26th, 2011, 21:07
Originally Posted by blatantninja View Post
Greed went far beyond the top 1%, its pervasive in the whole system. Without greed by the general consumer and home buyers/home equity borrowers, the guys putting together all these fancy products would have had no business.
Well there is greed and then there is BIG FUCKING GREEDY BASTARDS.

As always its a matter of degree. Few things in life and this world come only in two colors like black and white.

I think a desire for having a few simple creature comforts is not comparable to the millions desired by CEOs in gross stock option compensation.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 26th, 2011, 21:09
You didn't check shit. You asked us to check it for you. Talk about pathetic.
DTE, have you missed your medication again? Who was the first to point out it was satire. Not you, of course.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 26th, 2011, 21:12
You might want to review the thread, champ. I know you lefties tend to have trouble with basic numbers like 14trllion, but 155 comes before 156.

Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

October 26th, 2011, 21:13
You did have Rush Limbaugh moment dte , got caught and don't have guts to admit that you were wrong. Enough said.

zahratustra

SasqWatch

October 26th, 2011, 21:16
I posted the actual article before anyone else. What more do you want?

edit- my first comment on the issue was the actual article. Where's the Rush moment?

dteowner

Shoegazer

October 26th, 2011, 21:20
You might want to review the thread, champ. I know you lefties tend to have trouble with basic numbers like 14trllion, but 155 comes before 156.
Yes, basic numbers indeed: your post is timed at 17.37, Trasher's at 17.38 and your edit at 17.49.

zahratustra

SasqWatch

October 26th, 2011, 21:21
Thanks for being dishonest DTE. You edited your post after I had made the following one. Conveniently trying to cover your scat tracks again? Tsk, tsk.

And not owning up to it. I love it when you continue to prove I'm right.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 26th, 2011, 21:24
edit- my first comment on the issue was the actual article. Where's the Rush moment?
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15171

zahratustra

SasqWatch

October 26th, 2011, 21:30
You're intent on seeing what you want to see. My first comment on the topic was the actual article, something nobody else supplied, before or after. I edited a clarification once it became obvious y'all blew right past it in your rush to accuse me of something. I've admitted when I've made mistakes (contrary to our good Thrasher's hazy recollection), but this simply ain't one of them. If you feel better insisting that you've managed a "gotcha" moment, by all means don't let simple honesty get in your way.

dteowner

Shoegazer

October 26th, 2011, 21:36
yeah, yeah, yeah…

zahratustra

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics, Religion & other Controversies » The Wall Street Occupation