|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Drox Operative - Dynamic Quests

Default Drox Operative - Dynamic Quests

September 30th, 2011, 17:34
Steven Peeler writes a new blog entry for Drox Operative, discussing the dynamic quests:
In my last 4 blog posts I talked about how I think the background setting in our upcoming space action RPG Drox Operative is really interesting because of how the races, economy, monsters, and environment all work and interact with one another. The important question though, does all of this effect the player or is it simply background material? For anyone that has played Depths of Peril and Din's Curse, you know we like very dynamic games and Drox isn't going to be an exception. All of these background things are going to impact the player to various degrees. Instead of explaining too much I'm going to give a bunch of examples.
Races: The different alien races are scouting, colonizing, and warring with each other to conquer the current sector of the galaxy. They might ask for something simply like scouting a planet for them or they might ask for something pretty drastic like attacking another race that they at war with.
Economy: With a real economy in place you might be asked to bring some food to a starving planet, deliver some minerals from a rich to a poor planet, or even break a planetary blockade.
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 30th, 2011, 17:34
This game just sounds better and better the more I hear about it.

SirJames

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Drox Operative - Dynamic Quests