|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Neverwinter - Book II from R.A. Salvatore Released

Default Neverwinter - Book II from R.A. Salvatore Released

October 6th, 2011, 10:22
I've posted this under the game Neverwinter because this book series from R.A. Salvatore is based on the video game property…Kuki sends word that Neverwinter: Book II is now available.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 6th, 2011, 10:22
Actually vaguely interested. Book I (I attempted to write the title and failed) was far from his worst output.

kalniel

SasqWatch

October 6th, 2011, 10:28
Salvatore does have ups and downs. Can anyone recommend what of his books is worth reading ( I have read bunch of first drizzt novels (until death of wulfgar))

Twotricks

Sentinel

October 6th, 2011, 12:59
I am currently reading second book and I am satisfied, but than again, I enjoyed most books from RAS.

There is a great post on RAS forums with review of books and chronology. Let me find it … Here it is>
http://rasalvatoreforums.yuku.com/to…2#.ToxknNTbNvM

I hope this will help.

kuki

Watcher

October 6th, 2011, 14:33
Originally Posted by Twotricks View Post
Salvatore does have ups and downs. Can anyone recommend what of his books is worth reading ( I have read bunch of first drizzt novels (until death of wulfgar))
The first books I read by Salvatore was the Cleric quintet. The first of the 5 books is a little slow at the start, but the writing is pretty decent and the humor is always there. Ivan and Pickel are just one of my favorite duo in a book.

Don't be afraid of picking those up

Gozer

Traveler

October 6th, 2011, 15:32
Another vote for the Cleric quintet. I found Cadderley to be an interesting hero. A cleric with great power but quite a bit of doubt about his faith and what he's supposed to be doing. I also liked his girlfriend the monk. She does her own thing and will even if it means separating from her beau. Good read.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

October 6th, 2011, 21:36
I guess it was opposite for me than. I admittedly read just first cleric quintet , but it failed to grab me.

I most liked Menzoberzan Drizzt novels.

Twotricks

Sentinel

October 6th, 2011, 21:53
Cadderley and his crew had a prominent role in the book before the current Neverwinter Nights series. "Ghost King". If you like the Cleric Quintet, you may want to see the resolution of their story.

tornnight

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Neverwinter - Book II from R.A. Salvatore Released