|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Requires a ‘Permanent Internet Connection’

Default S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Requires a ‘Permanent Internet Connection’

October 12th, 2011, 15:52
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Games will vanish as well because there just doesn't exist any emulator for DirectX.
I agree with everything else you said, Alrik, but I should point out that for a long time there was no emulator for DOS games and then DOSbox hit the web. It made all those unplayable DOS games playable again. Eventually I bet there will be an emulator for DirectX as well. I'm of course speculating since I have no idea what goes into making an emulator, but it only took a while for someone to get those Dos games working again on a Windows system. I'm sure the same thing will happen eventually for DirectX.

@JDR

You're silly. I like the passion, but it just pisses me off that I might not be able to play a game whenever I want. As of now I could pop in any Dos game and play it right now even if it is something like Starflight which I played when I was a kid. The way this is heading is I won't be able to do that because I won't have the actual game to play many years down the line.

As for the 5 dollar thing, well call me a hypocrite, but if they want to sell a disposable game then I want a 'grande latte' price for that game. Any more than that and I'm not interested whether or not I got my "money's worth" out of it. That option to play the game years and years later is worth the full price of 40 - 50 bucks to me.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Requires a ‘Permanent Internet Connection’