|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Need help to reinstall Wizardry 8

Default Need help to reinstall Wizardry 8

October 13th, 2011, 17:22
I had my PC restored after a malware attack and then discovered I had a bad scratch on disk one, Wizardry 8, serious enough to prevent installation.

I still have disk three, which I think is the play disk. I've noticed sites on the web that offer Wiz 8 downloads. Does anyone know of any of these that will work together with a play disk?

rjstf

Traveler

October 17th, 2011, 22:45
Disk 1 is the play disc. You probably won't get any pirating info from this site.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

October 21st, 2011, 01:55
I don't think it's pirating since there's no way to buy that game new. If only they can re-release it on gog.com. But, I think Wizardry rights are now at the hands of a Japanese firm, so that seems unlikely.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch

October 21st, 2011, 17:57
Originally Posted by Gokyabgu View Post
But, I think Wizardry rights are now at the hands of a Japanese firm, so that seems unlikely.
The Japanese firm has a licensing agreement that gives them full rights to produce Asian market releases, but they don't actually own the IP. I forget which company actually picked up that piece of the Sir-Tech corpse, but I seem to remember them stating back when it happened that they had zero intentions of doing anything with it.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Need help to reinstall Wizardry 8