|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Divinity Games » Divinity 2 » A hard DVD copy of Divinity 2 :DKS - Where?

Default A hard DVD copy of Divinity 2 :DKS - Where?

November 28th, 2010, 18:10
Hello guys,
do you have any idea where can I buy a hard DVD copy of Divinity 2: Dragon Knights Saga? I looked on the official pages but there was only download version. I know most of you dont care, but I love my game collection on the shelve ;-)
Last edited by Glorian; November 30th, 2010 at 12:17.

Glorian

Watchdog

November 28th, 2010, 19:04
Yes, the same goes for me - a hard copy freak, always have been, maybe try game-co-uk…

http://www.game.co.uk/search.aspx?&s…on+Knight+Saga

At the moment ebay looks mostly to have Xbox versions.

Wulf

Inquisitor

November 28th, 2010, 21:09
If GoGamer ships to where you are they've got it for $30 on sale right now.

http://www.gogamer.com/Divinity-II—…VVviewprod.htm

It'll be back up to $40 when the sale ends.

Majnun

SasqWatch

November 28th, 2010, 23:23
www.gogamer.com is where I just ordered mine during the sale

Still on SALE for 8 more hrs!!! (as of this post time)

Roland

Watchdog

November 28th, 2010, 23:31
For Americans.

darkling

Keeper of the Watch

November 29th, 2010, 22:44
This is pretty lame (regarding my DKS preorder which was originally due for release on 11/26/2010) …
Dear Customer,
Thank you for your order.
Unfortunately, this product is no longer being stocked and we will therefore be unable to fulfil your order, which has now been cancelled. No money has been taken from your account for this item.
Please accept our apologies for any disappointment and inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team:

http://www.game.co.uk/Help/CustService.aspx
Kind regards
GAME.co.uk

… and…
Dear Customer

This e-mail is just to let you know that your order, number xxxxxxxx for Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga, has been cancelled.

This is either because of a request you made to Customer Services or that the product has been cancelled by the publisher.

If you have an account with us, you can monitor your outstanding preorders at any time via the 'My Details' page at https://www.game.co.uk/Account/MyDetails/

Rest assured that no money has been debited from your account. Please note that if you used Reward Points to purchase this item those points will be returned to your Reward Card.

If we can assist you with any thing else please contact us via http://www.game.co.uk/Help/CustService.aspx or on the telephone on 0871 200 1221 (*Calls cost 10p per minute; calls from mobiles and some networks may be higher).

Thank you for your custom,

GAME Customer Services

Seems like the English PC retail release has indeed entirely been cancelled by the publisher since neither GAME nor Play.com nor Amazon.co.uk are selling the game.

Moriendor

Spielkind

November 29th, 2010, 23:03
Damn, that sucks. I was holding out for the retail release, too. I wonder what Larian have to say about it?

Dwagginz

Tea Addict

November 30th, 2010, 10:25
I've emailed Mastertronic, who are distributing the UK X360 version, to ask whether there will be a PC version. Will post any reply I get here.

coaster

Utarg of Utarg

November 30th, 2010, 12:09
Probably Larian decided it this way… so they can generate as many as possible downloads on their own online shop :-)
And I fully support them, but why they do not offer a hard copy along with the download ? Probably too much effort for them..

Sooner or later the game will be published, so the old geeks like us will have to wait some more time.

Glorian

Watchdog

November 30th, 2010, 13:32
Well, I heard back:

Originally Posted by Mastertronic
I’m afraid we are not offering the PC version of this game at this time.
I may have to give in and get the digital version.

coaster

Utarg of Utarg

November 30th, 2010, 14:24
Cool. Thanks for checking, coaster. That is fairly disappointing news. Oh well, no DKS then. Not paying ~€40 for a digital version with limited activations from Larian… for digital I'd pay €15 - €19 max… and not buying the German version because it isn't multilingual. No big deal tho'. I got more than enough unplayed/unfinished games anyway .

Moriendor

Spielkind

November 30th, 2010, 17:28
No German version? The German Divinity 2 loca was excellent. FoV is a bit weaker but still pretty good.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

November 30th, 2010, 18:04
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
No German version? The German Divinity 2 loca was excellent. FoV is a bit weaker but still pretty good.
No, I don't want to play the German version because of the humorous stuff in the game. I mean can you imagine watching a localized Monty Python movie? Not really, right?
Anything humorous usually translates terribly to another language or is completely lost in translation. If I ever get around to acquiring an English version of the game then I want to experience the original script of DKS as it was written by the developers.

Moriendor

Spielkind

November 30th, 2010, 18:37
You mean you want to play the English version as written by the Belgian developers?

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

November 30th, 2010, 21:30
Well, for FOV at least … I can't say. NDA.

But a tiny hint : A few word games in FOV got lost. As far as I know.
On the other hand I must say that I haven't played FOV yet, because I wanted to wait for DKS.

I have only been testing at Larian's.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

November 30th, 2010, 22:23
[QUOTE=Glorian;1061037600]Probably Larian decided it this way… so they can generate as many as possible downloads on their own online shop :-) /QUOTE]
The English PC version of DKS is apparently available as a boxed version in the BeNeLux. So it physically exists, which makes the decision to not distribute it in the UK strange.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 30th, 2010, 23:16
On the Larian forums, it seems to be the good ol' "The UK game market is destroying the world" argument, which was also tagged onto dtp's Grey Matter, I believe.

Dwagginz

Tea Addict

November 30th, 2010, 23:57
http://www.amazon.ca/Divinity-II-Dra…1157844&sr=8-1

Amazon.ca has it. Go Canada!

darkling

Keeper of the Watch

December 1st, 2010, 02:05
My gogamer order is still in "Processing" mode…

/crosses fingers

Roland

Watchdog

December 1st, 2010, 02:14
I'm surprised to hear it's not out in the UK. I had assumed that was where my import copy was from.

JDR13

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Divinity Games » Divinity 2 » A hard DVD copy of Divinity 2 :DKS - Where?