|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Elder Scrolls » TES V: Skyrim » Dragonflies and salmon and birds, oh my!

Default Dragonflies and salmon and birds, oh my!

December 5th, 2011, 23:44
I just discovered another one of those nice little details.

The foresworn boss character is often a Briar Heart. A nasty spell caster with a rather macabre look to him due to the not quite healed hole in his chest where a heart should be. Well, I was hired to clear out their hideout and though the inner cave only housed 2 baddies, the Briar Heart would kill my level 57 slayer of multiple dragons in 3 shots with his powerful thunderbolts.

Okay, a new approach was required so I took out Mehrunes Razor and took out the guard silently. I then carefully inched my way behind the Briar Heart and was poised for a 15 x damage back-stab attack with the razor … and then I thought: Why not hone my less than stellar pickpocket skills? Well, he didn't really have anything on him except the briar heart alchemical ingredient so I chose that one … It turns out it not just for show. The moment I removed his "heart" he fell over dead on the spot. Nice!

"Chess in particular had always annoyed him. It was the dumb way the pawns went off and slaughtered their fellow pawns while the kings lounged about doing nothing that always got to him; if only the pawns united, maybe talked the rooks around, the whole board could've been a republic in a dozen moves." - Commander Vimes in Thud! by Terry Pratchett
Last edited by fatBastard(); December 6th, 2011 at 15:54.

fatBastard()

Hello, I'm a Zombaholic

December 5th, 2011, 23:59
Originally Posted by fatBastard() View Post
I just discovered another one of those nice little details.

The foresworn boss character is often a Briar Heart. A nasty spell caster with a rather macabre look to him due to the not quite healed hole in his chest where a. Well, I was hired to clear out their hideout and though the inner cave only housed 2 baddies, the Briar Heart would kill my level 57 slayer of multiple dragons in 3 shots with his powerful thunderbolts.

Okay, a new approach was required so I took out Mehrunes Razor and took out the guard silently. I then carefully inched my way behind the Briar Heart and was poised for a 15 x damage back-stab attack with the razor and then I thought: Why not hone my less than stellar pickpocket skills? Well, he didn't really have anything on him except the briar heart alchemical ingredient so I chose that one It turns out it not just for show. The moment I removed his "heart" he fell over dead on the spot. Nice!
Okay, now that is awesome!

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

December 6th, 2011, 01:32
Very impressive!

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

December 6th, 2011, 15:30
That's cool. I've tried pickpocketing live Briarhearts, but they didn't have anything. Of course, the guy was friendly…

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

December 6th, 2011, 16:11
I bust out laughing last night when the following happened: I'm in a mine with other workers and I get to a darkened area, where there isn't enough lighting. I cast candlelight and the miner next to me says "Brilliant!" I wasn't sure I heard right, so I walked close to another miner and recast. "Brilliant!"

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

December 8th, 2011, 16:20
Mild spoiler ahead:

I also love how the artists set up a scene. There is a random hut where you find two burnt corpses just outside. If you go inside, there will be a letter to the local Jarl about dragon sightings. The husband tells the wife if they don't bother the dragon, the dragon won't bother them. I guess he was wrong….

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

December 8th, 2011, 17:41
Oh, that reminds me (also mild spoiler ahead):

I came across the still burning remains of a hut in the middle of nowhere and I started scanning the skies thing Dragon attack. When I got inside there was a corpse on the floor next to pentagram with candles at the tips. In his hands the unlucky fellow was clutching a summon flame atronach scroll … guess he was as skilled a summoner as he thought

"Chess in particular had always annoyed him. It was the dumb way the pawns went off and slaughtered their fellow pawns while the kings lounged about doing nothing that always got to him; if only the pawns united, maybe talked the rooks around, the whole board could've been a republic in a dozen moves." - Commander Vimes in Thud! by Terry Pratchett

fatBastard()

Hello, I'm a Zombaholic

December 8th, 2011, 17:49
I came across the still burning remains of a hut in the middle of nowhere and I started scanning the skies thing Dragon attack. When I got inside there was a corpse on the floor next to pentagram with candles at the tips. In his hands the unlucky fellow was clutching a summon flame atronach scroll guess he was as skilled a summoner as he thought
There are a few of these around. I found something similar NE of the mage college out on an icy shelf. I think he was dabbling in Frost Atronachs.

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator

December 8th, 2011, 19:11
Oh, that reminds me (also mild spoiler ahead):

I came across the still burning remains of a hut in the middle of nowhere and I started scanning the skies thing Dragon attack. When I got inside there was a corpse on the floor next to pentagram with candles at the tips. In his hands the unlucky fellow was clutching a summon flame atronach scroll guess he was as skilled a summoner as he thought
Yes, that was one of the funnier discoveries (for me at least).

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

December 11th, 2011, 22:59
A dragon did something I hadn't seen before recently; it flew directly at me and then kind-of crash landed in front of me, sliding along the ground in an attempt crush me (or maybe he was just clumsy?). He left a large strip of churned up dirt and I thought it was pretty impressive. I'm still not sick of the dragon battles, they're certainly not the equivalent of the oblivion gates.

Over all still loving on this game, and 50 hours in I still haven't actually achieved much with regard to the main quest.

badmofo

Tired but happy

December 11th, 2011, 23:16
It's always fun when a dragon crash lands. It seems to happen if they're flying and below 50% of their hp. I've not seen that happen in a while, though, since I have ways of keeping them on the ground now.

I like the way NPCs react when they see a dead body, but it does get a bit silly sometimes. A few bodies laying around in a marketplace. Everyone has a quick look, then goes on about their business. You'd think scripting a guard to stand by the body until it despawns might have been a good idea, at least when someone dies in a town.

Menigal

Keeper of the Watch

December 14th, 2011, 10:20
I had a lovely goddess statue which I'd stolen from somewhere which I placed on my table in Breezehome. One day I came home and someone had stolen it from me! 0_o

Daniel.

darklord

Sentinel

December 14th, 2011, 11:15
I was out in the hot springs area and came across a small island with tents and 3 hunters naked laying in the water like a natural hot tub party. I walked by one lady and knocked over something next to her into the water and she yelled out at me "Hey watch it!"

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

December 14th, 2011, 18:15
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
I had a lovely goddess statue which I'd stolen from somewhere which I placed on my table in Breezehome. One day I came home and someone had stolen it from me! 0_o

Daniel.
You might want to check Lydia's pockets. Argis at least did pick up stuff I decorated and returned it to me.

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

December 14th, 2011, 18:22
Aha yes Lydia could well be the thief! I shall chastise her sternly… Bad Housecarl!

Daniel.

darklord

Sentinel

December 14th, 2011, 18:58
Random NPCs also follow you into your house if you talk to them right before opening the door.

KapitanUnterhosen

Sentinel

December 14th, 2011, 19:10
Oh, I even had a Rift Guard I just had talked to follow me when I fast-travelled to some farm in the mountains. The Imperial Guard present didn't find it funny to meet a Rifton cop so far out of his place of jurisdiction that he attacked him. The guys battled it out while the farmers were running around screaming blue murder. The Imp won, and now I'm travelling with a complete set of Rift Guard armor in my backpack.

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.
Last edited by Jaz; December 14th, 2011 at 19:26.

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

December 15th, 2011, 01:02
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
Oh, I even had a Rift Guard I just had talked to follow me when I fast-travelled to some farm in the mountains. The Imperial Guard present didn't find it funny to meet a Rifton cop so far out of his place of jurisdiction that he attacked him. The guys battled it out while the farmers were running around screaming blue murder. The Imp won, and now I'm travelling with a complete set of Rift Guard armor in my backpack.
LOL epic win!

-Harlequin
Admin of World of Darkness News
News & Community site for the WoD MMORPG
http://www.wodnews.net

Harlequin

Watchdog

Send a message via Yahoo to Harlequin

December 15th, 2011, 08:07
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
It's strange, but you do seem to generate some sort of teleportation field whenever you make an area transition.

Menigal

Keeper of the Watch

December 15th, 2011, 09:17
You know how foresworn seem to worship the hagraven witches and how briar heart warriors are more than mere men. So I had been wondering for some time what is the exact nature of these briar hearts. Well I just whitnessed a briar heart summoning ritual at the Bard's Leap Summit. Quite awesome

Dez

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Elder Scrolls » TES V: Skyrim » Dragonflies and salmon and birds, oh my!