|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Favorite iPad RPGs

Default Favorite iPad RPGs

February 9th, 2012, 19:28
TXA I don't think the tirade helped anything, although I don't disagree with some of your points. Lashing out like that kind of ruins the forum, we shouldn't be swearing and attacking if we don't agree with anothers opinion.

I love using the iPad for games, really do.

Ps TXA I think we are both playing that same not released game.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

February 9th, 2012, 19:37
I don't disagree … but would argue that passive agressive insults to everyone in the thread are wrse than calling out one individual making those insults.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

February 9th, 2012, 20:42
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
I don't disagree but would argue that passive agressive insults to everyone in the thread are wrse than calling out one individual making those insults.
I agree, it's kind of a fine line though… I guess at the end of the day we are all here because we like rpg's and I would like to think we could all get along.

rune_74

SasqWatch

February 10th, 2012, 02:54
Hopefully this is over now, but just in case it's not here is your last warning. The next person who continues this "discussion" about iPad/iOS games vs others or anything at all other than iPad/iOS games will have their post deleted and sent an official warning. Not sure if you care or not nor do I care. I've warned you guys twice before and now this is the third and final time.

There is no problem having a discussion like this. All I ask is that you make a new thread and try to keep it civil. I know that's impossible to do for some of you, but at least try.

In case anyone still cares about actual games on the iPad/iPhone here is one that I found that is free:

Initio 2: Eternity

It's JRPG, but I won't hold that against it Here is a review for it.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

February 14th, 2012, 05:30
Way to kill the thread skaven….someone post some rpg I haven't played yet or an upcomming ipad one.

rune_74

SasqWatch

February 15th, 2012, 08:24
Any of you beside me really fans of those 2D strategy games where enemies go from one screen to the other and you have to gather resources and send them in a parallel line? I used to be addicted to them when I first got the iPad. I am talking about Crystal War (I played it blown up on iPad and it rocked):
http://www.appspy.com/crystal-war-review

And by the way, I was thinking it over and couldnt help myself. To the guy who kept bashing iOS on here and iOS rpgs saying everything is better on PC. Do you also think that Avadon is not worthy of being compared to PC rpgs like baldurs gate or any old school rpgs or even new ones on the PC? Do you also think its somehow inferior to the PC version just because its on iPad? If it is so bad why did it sell so much on the PC and get a Steam release when it competes with those other games you play?

AppleIntimidation

Sentinel

February 15th, 2012, 08:25
To tell the truth, it wasnt until I got an iPad that I discovered that 2D rpg genre and fell in love with it right away. ID rather play those games than turrn based strategy games on grids.

AppleIntimidation

Sentinel

February 15th, 2012, 11:10
I second Undercroft. That was an outstanding old school dungeon crawl. I played it on PC, but I'm guessing the other versions are pretty much the same.

Sir Markus

Keeper of the Watch

February 15th, 2012, 13:08
Silversword, which has been mentioned in this thread, is on sale. It is 1.59 Euro now (do not know the dollar price), which is a 60% discount.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 15th, 2012, 13:12
Originally Posted by AppleIntimidation View Post
And by the way, I was thinking it over and couldnt help myself. To the guy who kept bashing iOS on here and iOS rpgs saying everything is better on PC. Do you also think that Avadon is not worthy of being compared to PC rpgs like baldurs gate or any old school rpgs or even new ones on the PC? Do you also think its somehow inferior to the PC version just because its on iPad? If it is so bad why did it sell so much on the PC and get a Steam release when it competes with those other games you play?
I suggest this is the only response to this. If you feel like responding, create a new thread.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 16th, 2012, 03:20
Guys I am playing inotia 2 on there at the moment, it is a solid action party rpg, with crafting and stuff, seems pretty good so far.

rune_74

SasqWatch

February 16th, 2012, 07:39
I already mentioned in an Android thread about Exitium being a fantastice 2D tablet RPG. It looks fantastic on my friends iPad too. App Store

They have a new one out too, looks interesting called Soul Tamer KiKi, but I've not tried it yet.

duncan

Traveler

February 16th, 2012, 10:54
Originally Posted by AppleIntimidation View Post
I'll gladly answer this question in a new thread, if you really want to know. Just be sure you want to understand, as I'm all out of patience with people who take my subjective position to heart.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

February 16th, 2012, 14:34
The TDE-based turn-based strategy game called "Unter dem Kupfermond" will go into testing soon.

I have no idea whether it is in German language only or translated, too. English title would be then, I guess (literally translated) "Under the coppermoon".

It is based on TDE (The Dark Eye -> Drakensang series, Realms Of Arcania series), and its plot takes place a few years (not many) after Drakensang 1.

The plot basically consists of Orcs trying to conquer territories or so. As far as I know.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

February 16th, 2012, 15:32
Originally Posted by duncan View Post
I already mentioned in an Android thread about Exitium being a fantastice 2D tablet RPG. It looks fantastic on my friends iPad too. App Store

They have a new one out too, looks interesting called Soul Tamer KiKi, but I've not tried it yet.
I tried that but the animations are a bit off…not sure about it yet, will have to sit down with it for a bit.

rune_74

SasqWatch

September 21st, 2012, 22:18
Anything else new/cool lately? I've been playing the crap out of King of Dragon Pass, but would like an rpg style diversion.

CrazyIrish

Keeper of the Watch

September 21st, 2012, 22:30
Originally Posted by CrazyIrish View Post
Anything else new/cool lately? I've been playing the crap out of King of Dragon Pass, but would like an rpg style diversion.
There is Bastion which is good, and of course Avernum 6 lands very soon as well, which is an excellent game.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

September 21st, 2012, 23:58
Not new, but I have playing the hell out of Undercroft on my iPhone. Good turn-based tiled blob-party dungeon crawler. Some puzzles and tons of loot variety. And it's free. Definitely recommended!

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

September 22nd, 2012, 00:49
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Not new, but I have playing the hell out of Undercroft on my iPhone. Good turn-based tiled blob-party dungeon crawler. Some puzzles and tons of loot variety. And it's free. Definitely recommended!
Sadly not an iPad game …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

September 22nd, 2012, 10:32
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
Sadly not an iPad game …
It looks good enough on my iPad though (which is not the case with all iPhone apps). It's pixelated but its visual style is such that that works for its benefit: it doesn't look like a new game with low resolution, it appropriately just looks like an old game.

"I am not interested in good; I am interested in new, even if this includes the possibility of it's being evil"
(LaMonte Young, 1962)

holeraw

V.G.A.

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Favorite iPad RPGs