|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Favorite iPad RPGs

Default Favorite iPad RPGs

September 22nd, 2012, 17:25
Played and enjoyed Undercroft. It was a bit too simplistic though. It would be cool if there were more "hardcore" rpgs for the platform. You know, that didn't have the words "final fantasy" in the title.

It also seems like there are a lot more cool indie efforts on the Android platform. Not sure if its easier/cheaper to develop for….

CrazyIrish

Sentinel

September 22nd, 2012, 18:38
Originally Posted by CrazyIrish View Post
It also seems like there are a lot more cool indie efforts on the Android platform. Not sure if its easier/cheaper to develop forů.
Really? Please share!

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

September 22nd, 2012, 19:52
Originally Posted by CrazyIrish View Post
It would be cool if there were more "hardcore" rpgs for the platform. You know, that didn't have the words "final fantasy" in the title.
By the way I don't think it was mentioned, and I don't know if it qualifies, but iPad games with those words in the title include Final Fantasy Tactics, which is among my favorites even though the proper FF games as well as jrpgs in general don't appeal to me either.

"I am not interested in good; I am interested in new, even if this includes the possibility of it's being evil"
(LaMonte Young, 1962)

holeraw

V.G.A.

September 22nd, 2012, 20:18
Originally Posted by holeraw View Post
By the way I don't think it was mentioned, and I don't know if it qualifies, but iPad games with those words in the title include Final Fantasy Tactics, which is among my favorites even though the proper FF games as well as jrpgs in general don't appeal to me either.
I like it, but not so much the obscene pricing Square charges for these games that have seen a dozen releases and are just lazy ports at this point …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

September 22nd, 2012, 21:18
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
Really? Please share!
I've been playing Delver on my phone. Its still too early to tell, but it has sort of an Ultima Underworld feel. The graphics are ultra lo res ala minecraft, but I feel it has potential.

Just going to google play and searching for "roguelike" produces a myriad of results. Not all of them are strictly roguelikes (including Delver) but several look promising. Unfortunately for me I really hate playing on a tiny little phone screen.

CrazyIrish

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Favorite iPad RPGs