|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Obsidian Entertainment - South Park RPG Details

Default Obsidian Entertainment - South Park RPG Details

December 6th, 2011, 16:06
Yeah seriously people, an engine is basically just a versatile tool than can be used for a variety of games, UI, controls and whatelse.
That's true, if we are dealing with a different kind of game, a different developer and a different platform. Since the game is going to be another hack n slash RPG just like DS3, and Obsidian is making the game, and it's a console focused game just like DS3, I fail to see why they'd spend more money and change the controls.
The logical conclusion is they'll just change the graphics and everything else will be intact, including the console focused controls.

blackcanopus

Dark Sun

December 6th, 2011, 18:38
Originally Posted by blackcanopus View Post
That's true, if we are dealing with a different kind of game, a different developer and a different platform. Since the game is going to be another hack n slash RPG just like DS3, and Obsidian is making the game, and it's a console focused game just like DS3, I fail to see why they'd spend more money and change the controls.
The logical conclusion is they'll just change the graphics and everything else will be intact, including the console focused controls.
The logical conclusion is that they would'nt have changed the PC control scheme for DS3 in a patch, but … err they did.

Obsidian must be the most illogic dev team in the world.

BTW: I'm not that much into South Park, but I'd love an original setting every day. Why not South Park?

blackcanopus:
Steam is out of question. It's not convenient, it's not easy to use, it's not simple and fast. It's terrible.
"Where STEAM fails, the PHOENIX rises"

Sir_Brennus

Planeswalker

December 7th, 2011, 14:35
The logical conclusion is that they would'nt have changed the PC control scheme for DS3 in a patch, but … err they did.
I wasn't aware of that update. Five minutes into the game and my wrist started to ache, and I realized this is not a game for me. Perhaps I'll give it another five minutes and see if that update saves the day.

blackcanopus

Dark Sun

December 7th, 2011, 15:05
As much as I like obsidian, I can't think this game will be any good. Southpark? Seriously, not what I would consider an interesting idea. I'm sure it will do well, but I don't think I am the audiance…I don't even watch southpark anymore.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Obsidian Entertainment - South Park RPG Details