|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » BioWare's new game is Command & Conquer Generals 2

Default BioWare's new game is Command & Conquer Generals 2

December 12th, 2011, 11:09
Originally Posted by curious View Post
I can see Dune gaining in popularity now with Skyrim being released. After all Dune was the first to give us voiceasaweapon…
I have been waiting for a dune rpg for almost 20 years and yet there has not been a single one released yet. The closest was the original Dune game based on the 80's movie. I still got it on cd.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

December 12th, 2011, 12:13
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I highly doubt that a new Dune game would have anything to do with the more recent books. I don't think they're popular enough.

Dune in general isn't as popular as it used to be, and definitely not as popular as it should be, imo.
The publisher is still showering the two authors with money whenever they write a new book, so their books must sell rather well.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

December 12th, 2011, 12:51
It does not make sense!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1QI4P0YqtM

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

December 12th, 2011, 21:11
Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
The publisher is still showering the two authors with money whenever they write a new book, so their books must sell rather well.
I don't know how well they've sold, but the way I understand it is that Sandworms of Dune (2007) was the final book.

Which is probably a good thing.

JDR13

SasqWatch

December 12th, 2011, 23:33
Wikipedia lists 2 more books, Paul of Dune and Winds of Dune, which apparently is the 2 first parts of a trilogy that takes place between Dune & Dune Messiah, so the two are still at it

*edit*
And they do apparently have another trilogy planed, that they will write after they are done with this one.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

December 12th, 2011, 23:47
Yeah, I just found the wikipedia article on that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Throne_of_Dune

A tetralogy and another trilogy, so seven more books planned.

These guys just don't know when to quit. They're really milking the franchise at this point, and I think it's pretty sad.

JDR13

SasqWatch

December 12th, 2011, 23:56
"rape"…"whore"…"soil the name"…

You guys are talking about some games and not something like the Japanese conquest of China during WW2, right?

As for the Dune books I liked the original and they plunged in quality after that. I read all his other books too and Herbert just wasn't all that good of an author. Dune was an outlier.

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator

December 15th, 2011, 07:25
Another Little update EA is also releasing a F2P C&C. If you love browser games give it a go. If not just try to ignore EA ruining the franchise even more. I'm having flashbacks of Bioware's DragonAge Facebook games.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/12/15/fi…-old-with-new/

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

December 15th, 2011, 15:04
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Yeah, I just found the wikipedia article on that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Throne_of_Dune

A tetralogy and another trilogy, so seven more books planned.

These guys just don't know when to quit. They're really milking the franchise at this point, and I think it's pretty sad.
And people just keep buying the books And I can't really figure out who these people who are buying these books are. Whenever I talk about Dune to a sci-fi fan, all I hear is complains about how Kevin & Brian ruined the series, and how amateurish their writing is.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

December 27th, 2011, 03:06
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I have been waiting for a dune rpg for almost 20 years and yet there has not been a single one released yet. The closest was the original Dune game based on the 80's movie. I still got it on cd.
Dune with mount & blade engine would've been amazing. Taking over sietches, riding worms while firing lasers, spice mining operations. Killing fremens.

rk47

Ma..majestic!

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » BioWare's new game is Command & Conquer Generals 2