|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Divinity Games » Divinity 2 » Any tips for new player?

Default Any tips for new player?

December 27th, 2011, 12:00
Just bought this one during the Steam winter sale.

Are there any particular mods or community patches that I need to install in order to get this running stable at 1920x1080 on win7 64-bit?

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch

December 27th, 2011, 15:43
Dunno. Just keep on checking the official forums. News and help are there first, of course.

Here is an overview : http://www.larian.com/support.php

You could look out if this official copy protection disabling patch is out there for team already.

It also depends, by the way, if you have the original game or the DKS version. Because DKS is said to be more newbie-friendly, or so I understood it.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

December 27th, 2011, 20:58
Thanks, Alrik!

I got the Dragon Knight Saga version.

I'm guessing the DRM will be Steamworks, which I don't have a problem with. Is there a secondary DRM on this game that causes gameplay problems?

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch

December 28th, 2011, 11:03
All you need to know is that the (excellent) add-on is a new game which continues immediately after the end of the original game. You can skip forward to the add-on if necessary.
Stuff you stored in the dragon tower can be accessed in the add-on. So remember to keep a full set of dragon armour there.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

December 29th, 2011, 14:04
Originally Posted by CountChocula View Post
I'm guessing the DRM will be Steamworks, which I don't have a problem with. Is there a secondary DRM on this game that causes gameplay problems?
I don't know.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

December 29th, 2011, 20:46
Tips - Just take your time and explore everywhere. There are many secrets in the game that are only found by the person who explores every nook and cranny.

Always thoroughly search every location, because there are some hard to find keys hidden out there that a hasty adventurer might miss.

Overall, just take your time and explore. Oh and a big tip, make sure to do all possible side content in the game. The side content is almost mandatory because you need it to level you up, or else you'll never be strong enough to continue the game. So do everything.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

December 29th, 2011, 22:15
Smack Richard for me, once you meet him

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

December 30th, 2011, 02:48
No mods or unofficial patches necessary for DKS, just make sure it's updated to the latest version.

I played through it fairly recently on Windows 7 64 bit, and the only issue I had was choppy sound during the cutscenes, but I don't think it had anything to do with the OS.

JDR13

SasqWatch

December 30th, 2011, 08:22
This is a slight spoiler in regards to character development, concerning two skills in which it is in my opinion really useless to invest to, due to the context of other game systems:
Spoiler

DeepO

deep outside

January 31st, 2012, 19:11
Nice information and thanks for sharing the information of playing tact's that is very informative to me which i never had before and this is as important for others .

Ezrak

Banned

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Divinity Games » Divinity 2 » Any tips for new player?