|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Legend of Grimrock - Automap Update

Default Legend of Grimrock - Automap Update

January 21st, 2012, 02:09
This week's Legend of Grimrock update eschews patch notes for details about the automap:
Hello again! Weve survived yet another week, despite being engulfed in a small snow blizzard for the past few days. But at least I find it refreshing since the winter this far has been exceptionally warm here in Finland Anyways, even though I know that youre just dying to hear more about the local weather, Im afraid well have to move on to the development update. Since Im in a storytelling mood now Ill avoid the usual bulleted list this time! But first, since some of you have asked what our automap looks like, heres a screenshot. I hope I didnt ruin the joy of discovering the early parts of dungeon level 2 for anyone! The N on the map indicates a note that Ive left and you can see what is written down in a note when you bring your mouse on top of it. Level three will be displayed on the other page once the player discovers it.
Thanks, Von Paulus!
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

January 21st, 2012, 02:09
Regarding automaps, I used to like to get the graph paper out while playing Dungeonmaster and Eye of the Beholder, however I have got much lazier since those days I remember even back then that the similar Amiga game The Black Crypt had an automap though.

I guess to get that real feel of those classics you could still map it manually - I assume you don't have to use the automap.

Xian

Watchdog

January 21st, 2012, 03:17
With LoG you could easily do your own maps, since it's based on a strict tiled grid system. I had thought this game was going to have procedurally generated mazes, but I must have been mistaken.

my novel: bit.ly/dreamlandsbook

screeg

floating head

January 21st, 2012, 11:20
Love it how the map looks like it was from one of those old printed D&D adventure modules (even if it's not light blue to prevent photo-copying ).

"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

Lurking Grue

Random Encounter #23

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Legend of Grimrock - Automap Update