|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Larian Studios - Quality over Quantity

Default Larian Studios - Quality over Quantity

January 23rd, 2012, 22:11
Originally Posted by darkling View Post
Well you're in a serious minority created by your own paranoia!.
Are you kidding? The incredibly shitty and buggy patches they push on us should be something that's optional rather than forced.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

January 23rd, 2012, 23:51
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Are you kidding? The incredibly shitty and buggy patches they push on us should be something that's optional rather than forced.
http://www.bethblog.com/2012/01/23/n…te-for-skyrim/

It is. Dunno what your problem is!

darkling

Keeper of the Watch

January 24th, 2012, 00:33
wtf are you saying? One previous patch added more bugs that it fixed. If you think smart is paranoid, then you are an idiot.
Last edited by Thrasher; January 24th, 2012 at 19:05.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

January 24th, 2012, 12:54
Some people just want some shit, because otherwise what would be a world devoid of something to criticise ? Booooooooooring.

So, if the game isn't "shitty buggy", then the patch is. Or something else.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

February 6th, 2012, 21:38
Originally Posted by Xian View Post
From the article:
You can’t even blame them, because statistics obtained by monitoring how many achievements are unlocked in Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga on Xbox360, tell us that 40% of players finished the first part of the game, 18% the second part and a mere 7,5% the entire game.
I just installed this game over the weekend and tried it.

It's interesting so far, but I can understand how many might be tempted to stop playing before finishing the intro.

It begins with several very long cutscenes and segues immediately into a series of unskippable dialog conversations.

I think for those like me who never played Divinity 1, these conversations provide no information on what the story of the game is about or who the protagonist is. It was tempting to simply give up before grinding through all the conversations with characters that I cared nothing about before I could actually begin playing the game.

In one exchange, the protagonist has a dialog option to complain about having to forget and re-learn all of his/her magical knowledge obtained from some sort of Arcane University, but this didn't make sense as the protagonist seemed to have no such magical knowledge to forget.

Unless this is some sort of backstory from Divinity 1 and we are playing the same protagonist from the first game?

I think it would probably make more sense for those who played the first game.

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch

February 6th, 2012, 21:48
No - the protagonist is already a relatively high-level trained hunter at the beginning of the game.

Becoming a Dragon Hunter sets everything back o zero again, so to say.

This all takes place within the first few minutes of the same game - but we never see his earlier life & training that took place until the game begins, so to say.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Larian Studios - Quality over Quantity