|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » KoA: Reckoning - What We Know @ Gamefront

Default KoA: Reckoning - What We Know @ Gamefront

February 7th, 2012, 02:14
Gamefront has made a three page feature article about what we know about this game.
It is a nice reference to have, although those who have played the demo or followed the game on the web probably won't learn much new. Still, a sampling about the gameworld:
The world of Amalur is very large (see map). So large, in fact, that its beginnings as an MMO are pretty plain. Nevertheless, Reckoning is confined to just five regions:
•Plains of Erathell: Vaguely reminiscent of the African Savannah, the Plains provide varied terrain and a number of magical loci. Dominated by Skycrown mountain, and the city of Rathir in the region’s northeast corner.
•Dalentarth: A classic “enchanted forest.” Dense, green, and full of mystical beasts. Hidden deep within are the secretive Gardens of Ysa and the giant tree Nyralim the Unbreaking.
•Detyre: A sun-baked desert region, full of reddened mesas, cacti, and valuable minerals. The Gnomes, in search of this geological bounty, have a grand city at Adessa.
•Alabastra: Strange and fantastical, Alabastra is difficult to traverse thanks to its rocky terrain and profusion of crystalline trees. Bhaile, it’s main city, once contained the court of the Winter Fae (see below).
•Klurikon: Another magical forest, also inhabited by the Winter Fae. Dominated by Mel Senshir, an ancient, supposedly impenetrable fortress.
More information.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

February 7th, 2012, 02:14
http://www.twitch.tv/mortymusiq

Some people are streaming this game on Twitch, there are about 5 streams atm including Totalbiscuit

Melvil

Super Duper Super Sweet

February 7th, 2012, 18:42
Thanks! Never watched any of that, it's pretty interesting. Also, the game looks like fun.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

February 7th, 2012, 19:47
Wife had an Amazon coupon that was expiring, so I picked this up last night on preorder. I've got DSL so it's probably just now done downloading. I should get to mess around with it for a bit tonight though. I'm still pretty addicted to Skyrim, so I'm not sure how long it'll hold my interest.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

February 7th, 2012, 20:16
hehe.

I started my download before leaving for work this morning. Gonna play a bit tonight. I also restarted playing Skyrim after installing a bunch of mods.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

February 7th, 2012, 22:14
Hahaha, the facial expressions and gesture animations in conversations can be hilarious. I love how emotions like surprise get frozen on an NPCs face until you chose another dialog option and how sometimes they accidentally assigned the laughter animation to lines that are supposed to be serious and melancholy.

jhwisner

SasqWatch

February 7th, 2012, 22:25
I bought the box but internet is required to activate and my Internet is down. According to what the tech told my wife, all of Frontier.net in Michigan is down.
Crap!! Oh well, I will just let you guys tell me how it is until it is back up.

redman5427

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » KoA: Reckoning - What We Know @ Gamefront