|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Torchlight II - Progress Report, Beta Testing Soon

Default Torchlight II - Progress Report, Beta Testing Soon

February 11th, 2012, 21:19
Max Schaeder, CEO of Runic Games has used youtube to give us an update on how the game is progressing. Several news pets is in as in a new interface for tracing. He also talks about the areas they are polishing. Beta testing should be coming soon.
More information.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

February 11th, 2012, 21:19
Schaefer!

I'm starting to think these guys *want* to go head to head with D3 with these delays. Torchlight 2 was supposed to be released last November! And only now are they talking of a beta?

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

February 11th, 2012, 23:03
Maybe they want to release a few weeks before D3 and after ME3, seems like the best time for them.

Ferris_bg

Constantine

February 12th, 2012, 00:03
april-may reserved for risen 2, so fuck them with their delays

porcozaur

Watchdog

February 12th, 2012, 02:03
I think Runic is making a better game than they even thought was going to be. I dont care which game comes out first D3 or TL2, i will be playing them both and so will many other fans.

rich ruffo

Sentinel

February 12th, 2012, 04:12
Torchlight 2 will make a fun game to play multiplayer via LAN (yay that they are including this) with my two boys.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

February 12th, 2012, 10:24
What happened to Torchlight (that was set to be released november last year)

Either Runic ran into some problems, and had to rework the whole game ground up. They are trying real hard to fix it…

Or (if we be really optimistic) they decided to make it much better than they originally planed. And this extra is what takes so much time.

Twotricks

Sentinel

February 12th, 2012, 10:54
I never understood why people compare every new h&s with Diablo. And after seeing all the bs about D3 (permanent internet connection, no LAN, real money transactions) I know I won't be playing it.

Torchlight 2 and Risen 2 are the only games I'm interested in this year. Maybe a few indies too

When I was a child, my speech, feelings, and thinking were all those of a child. Now that I'm a man, I have no more use for childish ways.

bloodlover

Sentinel

February 13th, 2012, 00:53
Originally Posted by porcozaur View Post
april-may reserved for risen 2, so fuck them with their delays
I can't stand people with attitudes like this. Like they are out to get YOU and mess up your whole life that appears to be completely scheduled around gaming. Seriously, Torchlight I was a great game that dropped on sale to $10 within months of release. If this game is as good, they are a developer to support. $20 is only about a third of what Risen 2 will be on release and you'll likely get as much time out of it (casually, at your own pace) and it's got LAN and co-op to boot.

Making a game better and taking the time to do it should be respected, not draw ire. That's just ridiculous. Maybe you should go outside once in a while, take a deep breath. I hear there's fresh air.

oliverh72

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Torchlight II - Progress Report, Beta Testing Soon