|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Workshop Press Release

Default Skyrim - Workshop Press Release

February 14th, 2012, 22:41
Bethsoft sent along this press release promoting the Skyrim Workshop and announcing Skyrim as the second highest grossing title of 2011:
[quote]
THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM® WORKSHOP LAUNCHES WITH OVER 2 MILLION MODS DOWNLOADED
WORLDWIDE DEMAND CONTINUES FOR THE SECOND HIGHEST GROSSING TITLE OF 2011
NEW HONORS FOR SKYRIM AS GAME IS NAMED ‘GAME OF THE YEAR’
AT 2012 INTERACTIVE ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS
February 14, 2012 (Rockville, MD) – ZeniMax® Media Inc. today announced that the Creation Kit™, a free tool that allows PC players to create their own custom content for Bethesda’s The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, has been enthusiastically received by PC gamers who have been uploading, downloading, and installing custom content through the Skyrim Workshop on Steam. Within a week of the release of the Creation Kit, gamers have downloaded more than 2 million mods via the Skyrim Workshop. More than 2,500 mods have been published by the gaming community, all of which are available for free.

Worldwide revenues generated by Skyrim have placed it among the industry's most successful titles, and demand for the title shows no signs of slowing. Measured by revenue, Skyrim was the second best selling game of 2011, and 2012 sales remain strong, with continuing digital downloads and large shipments of units to retail. Within the first month following its release in November, Bethesda Softworks® reported it had shipped over 10 million units of Skyrim across all platforms, representing approximately $650 million in retail sales, and those results have since increased substantially.

Data from Steam, the digital download service, reveal that the average number of hours that a gamer plays Skyrim exceeds 75 hours, underscoring fan devotion to the game. The PC version of Skyrim

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 14th, 2012, 22:41
Well deserved

Twotricks

Sentinel

February 14th, 2012, 23:29
So what have been some of the most popular/best mods that are available so far? To be honest, I haven't been gaming at all lately and it's been a while since I've played any Skyrim at all.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

February 14th, 2012, 23:49
Cliffworms Sounds of Skyrim ambient dungeon sounds is quite popular. Also Midas Magic, Vurt's Flora Overhaul (nexus only I believe) and a few others

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/b…t=toprated&p=1

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch

February 15th, 2012, 00:04
Oblivion was very over-hyped, but Skyrim earned the success and praise. It's certainly not flawless, but it is a big step in the right direction.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

February 15th, 2012, 03:25
I find the Steam Mod database completely useless as there is no search function (unless I missed it).
There are the filter tabs but under those tabs can be hundreds of mods. If I wanted to move to this from the Nexus it would tack ages to go through all the mods to find the ones I had.

Not that I can play at the moment anyway as update 1.4 broke multi-monitor support so now Eyefinity doesn't work

pox67

Watchdog

February 15th, 2012, 03:40
Intrigued by the the ambient sounds, but some are already in base game. Not sure what those add.

As expected the nudie mods are highly downlo…

I think I'll try out SkyUI, though it requires other stuff to work properly.

PS There is a a new search function. The workshop seems to be a very much a fast rapid prototype in progress. Not seen anywhere that they've solved the multiple mods conflict problem…

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

February 15th, 2012, 03:43
Originally Posted by pox67 View Post
I find the Steam Mod database completely useless as there is no search function (unless I missed it).
There are the filter tabs but under those tabs can be hundreds of mods. If I wanted to move to this from the Nexus it would tack ages to go through all the mods to find the ones I had.

Not that I can play at the moment anyway as update 1.4 broke multi-monitor support so now Eyefinity doesn't work
the text search function was added a few days ago, Pox.

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch

February 15th, 2012, 03:48
Thanks, I'll take a look and hope all the mods I use are there.

pox67

Watchdog

February 15th, 2012, 04:37
Two million downloads and that was just on Steam. I actually tried to use Nexus on Sunday night and kept getting bounced when the servers overloaded. And this is happening three months after the game released!

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

February 15th, 2012, 10:03
Yep
Whats up with search function?

And btw Nexus >> Steam ( no search , no uninstall , have to manually activate mods )

Twotricks

Sentinel

February 15th, 2012, 11:18
they added the search function a few days ago twotricks.

In order to uninstall mods, you can select the mod within the launcher data files menu, click "Delete Selected" and click yes to unsubscribe.

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch

February 15th, 2012, 14:01
To be honest; I was more satisfied playing DKS over skyrim. The one thing lacking in skryim is that your action seemed to have no impact on the world. You finish ousting the imperials (or stormcloak) and nothing seemed to change in the world.
-
Other than that I enjoyed the game
-
If skyrim was #2; what was #1 ?

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor

February 15th, 2012, 14:11
Originally Posted by you View Post
To be honest; I was more satisfied playing DKS over skyrim. The one thing lacking in skryim is that your action seemed to have no impact on the world. You finish ousting the imperials (or stormcloak) and nothing seemed to change in the world.
-
Other than that I enjoyed the game
-
If skyrim was #2; what was #1 ?
just a guess….COD or BF3

sakichop

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Workshop Press Release