|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Risen 2 - Gamespot Video Interview

Default Risen 2 - Gamespot Video Interview

February 18th, 2012, 00:32
A five minute video interview with Pete Brolly, Deep Silver's brand manager, can be found at Gamespot. The video interview contains new gameplay footage as he talks about that'll we'll be able to make our own rum in the game as well as the game will have the exploration and quest depth that we find in other games from Piranha Bytes. The game will also be two times bigger than the first game and the world be handcrafted in the action pirate rpg.

More information.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

aries100

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

February 18th, 2012, 00:32
In a past interview it was hinted that R2 would have the landmass of about 2/3's of Gothic 3's land mass. This interview suggests a landmass of about twice that of Risen 1. This seems quite a bit smaller than the first assertion.

I don't really care either way as this is a day 1 purchase for me. But curious if any of you consider Risen1 x 2 on par with G3 - 33%.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

February 18th, 2012, 00:44
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
In a past interview it was hinted that R2 would have the landmass of about 2/3's of Gothic 3's land mass. This interview suggests a landmass of about twice that of Risen 1. This seems quite a bit smaller than the first assertion.

I don't really care either way as this is a day 1 purchase for me. But curious if any of you consider Risen1 x 2 on par with G3 - 33%.
Aside from the Vanish commercial in the GameBanshee web site for the interview! I do agree and have said it before here in the forums. I truly felt that Risen land mass is about 1/3 of Gothic 3 (Risen world is probably equivalent to one of the three big regions in Gothic 3).

Risen 2 with 2/3 of Gothic 3 worlds is impressive, and I am sure that PB will make good use of each inch of this world (compared to the empty areas in Gothic 3).

I have also noticed from the game footage that the structure of houses and camps is very reminiscent of Gothic 3 and Risen.
Last edited by SpoonFULL; February 18th, 2012 at 00:55.

SpoonFULL

Keeper of the Watch

February 18th, 2012, 20:03
Looks and sounds good to me. Doubling the size of Risen sounds just about right.

I already know what my first character is going to be like: voodoo, the social skill and, of course, monkey training.

Sounds weak? Gimp, you might say? Perhaps, but don't worry. I'm a professional at this. I've made more intentionally weak characters than I could count. Maybe that's why I usually just play on normal difficulty or one notch up. I always take the realism option, if there is one. Games really have gotten a lot easier these days.
Last edited by Capt. Huggy Face; February 18th, 2012 at 20:08. Reason: stupid virtual keyboard.

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok

February 18th, 2012, 21:35
Doubling the size of Risen sounds well and good …as long as they maintain the content density, or at least the illusion of it. Spreading the game's content across multiple islands instead of centralizing it probably plays into that.

KapitanUnterhosen

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Risen 2 - Gamespot Video Interview