|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » 8.3% Unemployment Lie

Default 8.3% Unemployment Lie

February 22nd, 2012, 15:17
Originally Posted by MasterKromm View Post
@ JDR welcome to back to Florida… Not much of an improvement over Michigan.

I shouldn't complain as I'm gainfully employed, however Florida has it's own issues.
Oh I know. My father still lives there, and I visit at least once a year.

To be honest, I think Florida is vastly overrated in general, but just about anywhere would be preferable to the Detroit Metro area right now.

Where in FL do you live?

JDR13

SasqWatch

February 23rd, 2012, 00:04
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Oh I know. My father still lives there, and I visit at least once a year.

To be honest, I think Florida is vastly overrated in general, but just about anywhere would be preferable to the Detroit Metro area right now.
FL is definitely overrated, despite that it still has some charm beyond the typical tourist attractions - nature in general (canoeing, cave diving, beaches, fishing, hunting, ect).

Where in FL do you live?
Currently in Jacksonville, but I may have to move to Tampa or possibly Boca Raton in the next couple months(work).
Last edited by MasterKromm; February 23rd, 2012 at 04:40. Reason: wording

MasterKromm

Sentinel

February 23rd, 2012, 02:36
Well hopefully you don't end up in Tampa. It's not completely horrible, but there are a lot of better areas in FL.

I grew up in Punta Gorda. It's a small town just north of Ft Myers, and a little more than an hour south of Tampa.

JDR13

SasqWatch

February 23rd, 2012, 04:59
To be honest, I'm not a fan of Tampa(aside from a Cuban restaurant/bakery there, though I can't seem to recall their name, they have great cuban coffee and pastries)… If I have to go down there I'll probably try and rent a place out of Lutz and commute into town.

I'm a little burnt out with Florida, but I can't really move out of state either(family obligations that require I stay within reasonable travel distance). It's funny you mentioned Hawaii earlier, I always joke with my dad that we should buy a Kona or Cocao farm there… Or start up some kind of aquaculture farm off the coast.

MasterKromm

Sentinel

February 23rd, 2012, 06:38
When I was younger, my friends and I used to drive up to Tampa a lot on the weekends to go to the Ybor City district. It was basically nothing but bars and nightclubs there. As I got older though, I started to realize how ghetto most of that area actually was. I haven't been to Tampa in more than a Decade though, other than a trip to Busch Gardens a few years back.

Have you ever been to Hawaii? Once you go there, a lot of other places won't seem as nice as you used to perceive them.

JDR13

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » 8.3% Unemployment Lie