|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dead Island - DLC Ryder White Review

Default Dead Island - DLC Ryder White Review

February 20th, 2012, 23:17
A review for this DLC can be found at Now Gamer. The score is 6.1/10 and here's a quote:
Unlike the main campaign, Ryder White also simplifies things to a single objective. Taking away player choice and focusing their efforts down to what is now, quite obviously, a corridor, also works against the gameís fantastic open environment. Here, itís just the combat that will keep you interested. Thereís only one new character, Ryder himself. Unlike the main quest there is no co-op; this is designed to be a single-player experience.
More information.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

February 20th, 2012, 23:17
Yes well I loved it. Its what the campaign should of been like instead of the forced co-op design.

"Frankly Sir /Madam I don't give a damn about your opinion."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

February 21st, 2012, 09:41
It's disapointing that this game turned out so bad, would've loved a true open-world zombie FPS/RPG.

vurt

Serial Modderer

February 21st, 2012, 11:14
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
It's disapointing that this game turned out so bad, would've loved a true open-world zombie FPS/RPG.
+1

I know a lot of people here seemed to enjoy Dead Island well enough, but it was one of the biggest disappointments of 2011 for me.

From the repetitive quests to the ridiculous loot system and zombie/item respawning, I found it to be mediocre in just about every way imaginable. I tried playing it twice, but even mods couldn't save it for me.

JDR13

SasqWatch

February 21st, 2012, 12:29
From what I have played of it, Dead Island was really fun. Yes, it's meant for Co-Op really. Part of it's appeal is that there are so few games like it, only Borderlands comes to mind.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dead Island - DLC Ryder White Review