|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Obsidian Entertainment - Tim Cain Stays On

Default Obsidian Entertainment - Tim Cain Stays On

February 21st, 2012, 13:40
I didn't actually know Tim Cain's time at Obsidian had been potentially temporary but Chris Avellone tweeted today that Tim has now signed on as a permanent staff member:
My heart grew three sizes today when Tim Cain said yep, it was official - he was going to stay and work with us full-time.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 21st, 2012, 13:40
Way to go, Black Isle.
Now all they need is Boyarsky and Anderson, though I think none of them would be willing to join Obsidian, since Boyarsky is already making big news with Diablo and Anderson is not in the computer games industry anymore.

blackcanopus

Dark Sun

February 21st, 2012, 14:26
Originally Posted by blackcanopus View Post
Way to go, Black Isle.
Now all they need is Boyarsky and Anderson, though I think none of them would be willing to join Obsidian, since Boyarsky is already making big news with Diablo and Anderson is not in the computer games industry anymore.
What?

He's at Turtle Rock.

Ctera

Watcher

February 21st, 2012, 20:43
I hope they will Kickstart a new steampunk RPG project in the veins of Arcanum with Tim Cain is the lead designer.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch

February 21st, 2012, 20:58
Or post-apoc, the man has a knack for at least both genres. I thought he was only temporarily at obsidian while waiting for a permanent position he had been promised in another studio, guess that fell through.

KapitanUnterhosen

Sentinel

February 21st, 2012, 22:01
Originally Posted by Ctera View Post
What?

He's at Turtle Rock.
It seems my information was a little rusty. I thought he was still in real state business.

After Troika Games collapsed, Anderson left the game industry for a short time to sell real estate.[1]
Interplay reopened in-house development and in 2007 hired Anderson as creative director for an unannounced Massively multiplayer online game.[2]
In March 2009, Anderson joined inXile as creative director.[3] In January 2011, he left inXile to join Turtle Rock Studios.
Thanks for the heads up.

I can't help but wonder, what was the studio that Cain intended to leave Obsidian for?

blackcanopus

Dark Sun

February 22nd, 2012, 00:34
Originally Posted by KapitanUnterhosen View Post
Or post-apoc, the man has a knack for at least both genres. I thought he was only temporarily at obsidian while waiting for a permanent position he had been promised in another studio, guess that fell through.
It sounds like it didn't. He just decided to stay.

Ctera

Watcher

February 22nd, 2012, 00:41
Originally Posted by blackcanopus View Post
It seems my information was a little rusty. I thought he was still in real state business.

Thanks for the heads up.
Turtle Rock has actually several Ex-Troika (The current CEO worked at Troika too), Obsidian, and so on guys.

It's a shame they are working on shooters.

Ctera

Watcher

February 22nd, 2012, 02:23
How about a Rifts or new starflight game?

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Obsidian Entertainment - Tim Cain Stays On