|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Diablo 3 - "Launch-date announcement in the near future"

Default Diablo 3 - "Launch-date announcement in the near future"

February 24th, 2012, 22:34
Diablo 3 Game Director Jay Wilson has posted a message on the Blizzard forums reassuring after a misunderstood comment but going further and saying the launch-date announcement isn't too far away:
We get a lot of sympathy from the other teams because of the long hours of crunch our design team is putting in, but the secret is that playing through the game as we do final tuning, bug fixes, and optimizations is a real joy. We always know a Blizzard game is almost ready when we have to ask members of the team to stop playing so they can get their work done. Thatís definitely been the case around here.
We think you're going to love Diablo III when it's released, and speaking of release plans, you can seriously expect a launch-date announcement from us in the near future. See, I didnít say ďsoon,Ē so Iím not taunting you. Youíll know as soon as I know for sure the exact date.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 24th, 2012, 22:34
cant see any news here.
its always the same speak.

i dont like bioware games

turian

Sentinel

February 24th, 2012, 22:49
Aw come on, the time for release has moved from "soon" to "near future." That's got to be a good thing, right?

EvilManagedCare

Sentinel

February 24th, 2012, 22:52
oh man where am i going to get the excuse for the money to ask from my wife..?

rikus

Watchdog

February 24th, 2012, 23:13
Just get divorced, then you can buy all the games you want. Worked for me.

Trelow

Watchdog

February 24th, 2012, 23:51
The release announcement is probably the only thing that's close.
I guess my getting in the beta is now out of the question

redman5427

SasqWatch

February 25th, 2012, 00:55
oh whatever, an announcement for a launch date? why not an announcement that you are going to announce an announcement about a launch date?

Lemonhead

Keeper of the Watch

February 25th, 2012, 01:04
5th of March.

Ferris_bg

Constantine

February 25th, 2012, 02:36
Originally Posted by rikus View Post
oh man where am i going to get the excuse for the money to ask from my wife..?
Dude, what? How the hell did you work yourself into a position that you have to find excuses for asking your wife for money?

Moriendor

Spielkind

February 25th, 2012, 03:03
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
Dude, what? How the hell did you work yourself into a position that you have to find excuses for asking your wife for money?
Your presuming it's a bad thing. It depends on if "can I get sixty bucks for a game" is followed up by "and use the limo…" or "and use the hatchback…" I would totally be down with begging the wife for spending money if it was poolside.

Bargeral

Who watches the Watcher?

February 25th, 2012, 03:38
I feel the fans have been extremely patient and understanding with Blizzard. With that in mind, I just don't understand why they continue with these release date games! Why not just cut the bull and let us know when?

If they really can't, then that's a sign that they are still dealing with serious doubts with how different game mechanics should work. If DIII is really so close to release, then give us a firm date!

spiraling69

Sentinel

February 25th, 2012, 06:05
Originally Posted by spiraling69 View Post
I feel the fans have been extremely patient and understanding with Blizzard. With that in mind, I just don't understand why they continue with these release date games! Why not just cut the bull and let us know when?

If they really can't, then that's a sign that they are still dealing with serious doubts with how different game mechanics should work. If DIII is really so close to release, then give us a firm date!
Blizzard is like the only company that doesn't put out a buggy, unfinished game. I don't know how much of the game is completed. I'm assuming most if not all of it is, but that there are some huge character building design decisions to work through. Just give them the time needed to put out a good game.

Grimlorn

Watchdog

February 25th, 2012, 06:11
I wish they'd just do away with all release dates for all games. I don't need to know how many times a game will be delayed. I'd rather just get online one day and see it's gone gold. The funny thing is, they can make the release date any day they want. Why don't they give a date 6 months after when they think they can release it. Then it looks like they are releasing it early.

sakichop

SasqWatch

February 25th, 2012, 06:29
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
I wish they'd just do away with all release dates for all games. I don't need to know how many times a game will be delayed. I'd rather just get online one day and see it's gone gold. The funny thing is, they can make the release date any day they want. Why don't they give a date 6 months after when they think they can release it. Then it looks like they are releasing it early.
Blizzard's delayed games more than 6 months. I'm betting we won't see Diablo 3 released until close to Christmas, but I could be wrong.

Grimlorn

Watchdog

February 25th, 2012, 07:23
That certainly would not be unheard of for Blizzard. Based on some of the activity at Blizzard, I do think that it really is coming reasonably soon, but if Blizzard changes their mind and doesn't think that it's ready, they will have qualms about delaying it however much it takes.

As for why Blizzard doesn't give release dates, the answer is simple. They've found that while people do get upset about the lack of a concrete release date, that anger pales in comparison the muderous fanboy rage that people fall into when Blizzard announces a release date and then doesn't meet it.

Originally Posted by Grimlorn View Post
Blizzard's delayed games more than 6 months. I'm betting we won't see Diablo 3 released until close to Christmas, but I could be wrong.

fadedc

Keeper of the Watch

February 25th, 2012, 11:51
Its done when they damn well say it is is there motto. Everyone should know by now they have to balance everything to make it perfect. Notice the scarsam

Now if there starcraft 2 expansions can somehow come out in the next three years I can finally be happy. Who am I kidding we still have five more years to get a complete starcraft 2 package.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

February 25th, 2012, 12:20
This is considered "News" …

You could write about this once a week if you wanted to.

fatknacker50

Watchdog

February 25th, 2012, 18:32
Originally Posted by Grimlorn View Post
And when was the last time they 'delayed' a game?

blackcanopus

Dark Sun

February 25th, 2012, 19:00
Originally Posted by blackcanopus View Post
And when was the last time they 'delayed' a game?
What?

Grimlorn

Watchdog

February 25th, 2012, 22:30
announcing an announcement?

yawn

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Diablo 3 - "Launch-date announcement in the near future"