|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » Death of a Douche.

Default Death of a Douche.

March 7th, 2012, 21:24
Well, if liberals do have someone like him then this makes it a trend, and if it is a trend, then it does matter. This means that Breitbart is not dead, he's alive and well and will live forever, because there's always someone else to take his place, on both sides.

But I hope that's not the case.

blackcanopus

Dark Sun

March 7th, 2012, 21:28
There's always an obnoxious idiot. Lest we forget Limbaugh's latest tirade against whores (i.e. any women who want their health care insurance to pay for contraceptives).

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

March 7th, 2012, 21:37
His death is not good news, then. Just a reminder of what's to come.

blackcanopus

Dark Sun

March 7th, 2012, 22:02
You'll note that somehow Thrasher always forgets the honorable Bill Maher calling Sarah Palin a cunt. The rules simply aren't the same.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

March 7th, 2012, 22:15
She is/was a cunt. Calling someone a whore, and demanding that we should be able to see their sex on video is alot different than calling someone a cunt who actually is/was one.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

March 7th, 2012, 22:52
The free market is what's causing limbaugh's advertisers to pull out!

Ovenall

Keeper of the Watch

March 7th, 2012, 22:53
Also, a lot of petitions to the advertisers and stations, no less.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

March 7th, 2012, 22:59
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
She is/was a cunt. Calling someone a whore, and demanding that we should be able to see their sex on video is alot different than calling someone a cunt who actually is/was one.
I rest my case.

Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

March 7th, 2012, 23:00
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
You'll note that somehow Thrasher always forgets the honorable Bill Maher calling Sarah Palin a cunt. The rules simply aren't the same.
Uhm. Cunt and Whore are two very different things to call someone. The first is just a female version of "being a dick".

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

March 7th, 2012, 23:05
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/equivocate

dteowner

Shoegazer

March 7th, 2012, 23:07
Once again DTE demonstrates his inability to understand the real non-black and white world.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

March 7th, 2012, 23:21
Once again Thrasher demonstrates his inability to maintain consistent standards.

dteowner

Shoegazer

March 7th, 2012, 23:29
Oh boo hoo. What a load of crap. It's shit like this from you DTE that has driven away all the deep thinkers…

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

March 7th, 2012, 23:37
If, by "deep thinkers", you mean people like you that never met a goalpost they couldn't shift to justify their preconceived notions, then I say good riddance. It doesn't take "deep thought" to follow the old "do as I say, not as I do" school of thought. You might consider just a pinch of integrity. Really, it won't hurt you too badly. We'll help you thru the detox.

dteowner

Shoegazer

March 7th, 2012, 23:48
Ability to look beyond shallow definitions is deep thinking, something you're lacking DTE.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

March 8th, 2012, 00:45
People, this is getting personal!! Why not settle down and try to discuss something simple such as why Obama won't use his own Medicare (or whatever you call it) system. Shouldn't what's good for the people be good enough for the President?

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

March 8th, 2012, 06:30
1. Obama is not old enough to use Medicare.

2. Maher's use of 'cunt' and Limb.'s use of 'whore' are equally offensive in general American English. Both are absolutely out of bounds words when used to refer to any woman in any public setting ever. Both Maher and Limbaugh are not really honest people, so I encourage you not to listen to either of them (unless you think getting other people to believe you are right by lying is appropriate). There are a whole list of losers on both sides of the big parties that will say anything to get attention and score points: Moore, Maher, Limb., Breit. If you listen to them and believe them, you are doing it wrong. They are comedians, not purveyors of truth.

3. DTE is not driving away intelligent people. Trying to silence a voice will drive away intelligent people. I'm not saying he is right, but acting like he is the only one in here who sounds like a spoiled brat is hypocrisy.

staylost

Watcher

March 8th, 2012, 07:40
Little late here, but YAY!

Sadly his ideas and ways of manipulating reality to morons didn't die with him.

Good luck killing that.

Majnun

SasqWatch

March 8th, 2012, 09:20
Originally Posted by staylost View Post
I have an intense interest in reasoned ethics because of my belief in respecting other peoples' beliefs (choice over all).
I took a class in moral philosophy a couple of years back and it changed me. Six years back I wouldn't give a second thought about just how hard it is with ethics, what I learned as a child was "right" and everything else was "wrong". After moral philosophy I begun to try to justify every single position I had, analysing the arguments for and against. The hardest part was to try to be as consistent as possible and as in-depth as possible, facing even the tougher questions which most people avoid because they are uncomfortable even thinking about them.

And your moral is inherently practical (or do I mean actually useful?), but it seems perhaps a bit manipulative if caring how one is viewed after death is illogical (since your proposed moral is logical). One does not, in the reasoned sense, have goals, hopes, or feelings after one is dead.
It is manipulative, or applied psychology. Just like shame or guilt can be exploited to uphold a functional standard standard. For me as a behavioral scientist, understanding behavior is the best strategy if one wish to create a functional society. This includes being aware of differences in thought rather than using oneself as the one good standard.

One idea I had for awhile is that the subjective is objective, that means that subjective opinions have objective consequences. The worst one can do is to ignore how people perceive their world just because their perspectives might be wrong/small/ignorant.

And between democracy and dialectics, I'll choose dialectics, but I fear it is indeed more of a popularity contest rather than one of careful thought. Indeed, another poster clearly voiced their value in popularity over thought in this very thread!
I believe they are the same thing, democracy is just dialectics at a larger scale. Some people go for popularity first and foremost. I see it as an element that just is and its existence doesn't mean democracy isn't the best option we have today.

Personally I barely vote anymore. I see a value in having two functional opposing views that compete because they complete eachother. But the themes (like nationalism) I blamed the current republicans for are quite dangerous. I rather have left-wing economics vs right-wing economics in opposition than a party who aims at expressing an identity and voice reduction of social freedoms. We have three such parties in Sweden but they are rather small. In the US the second largest party out of two are like that. That's bad, really bad.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » Death of a Douche.