|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - v1.5 - Ranged Killcam Confirmed?

Default Skyrim - v1.5 - Ranged Killcam Confirmed?

March 6th, 2012, 22:43
It beats me why players would have this on the top of their feature request list - but there you go…apparently Just Push Start noticed the Bethblog was updated with a post about ranged and magic killcams in the next Skyrim update but the article was quickly pulled:
Bethesda has revealed (accidentally, it seems) a new feature coming to Skyrim via update 1.5. Their blog was updated with a post revealing a new kill-cam mechanic. However, that post has now been removed.
Skyrim’s cinematic kill-cam feature was said to now be included in ranged and magic attacks. Does this ring a bell? This is one of the features that appeared in the “Skyrim Game Jam” video that Todd Howard showed off not too long ago. The video contained various mechanics and features that the devs played around with, but none of them ever made it into the final product.
No doubt we'll hear more soon.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 6th, 2012, 22:43
who needs that kind of bullshit??

i dont like bioware games

turian

Sentinel

March 6th, 2012, 22:44
I wonder who wanted this? It makes no changes at all to the game and will get old extremely quickly.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

March 6th, 2012, 22:54
I hope 1.5 will have some concrete fixes. Especially for quests.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

March 6th, 2012, 23:20
Blood ! Blood ! I want Blooooooodddddd !!! Bwahahahahar !

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

March 6th, 2012, 23:44
THIS is ridiculous. Bethesda, please focus on fixing bugs first (especially quest bugs). Thanks.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

March 6th, 2012, 23:45
Just think: as you wrangle the controls and curse at your inability to efficiently dual wield, stare at a list of items to figure out what you have equipped or what's weighing you down so much, and juggle a monstrosity of stars to view available perks, you can at least be privy to yet another draugr, novice conjuror, or cave bear getting shot with an arrow.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

March 7th, 2012, 00:03
This is actually pretty neat. Well, there are more important things, of course.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

March 7th, 2012, 00:15
Hey guys, do not despare! With this patch there'll be also…

…AWESOME HORSE ARMORS!!!!…

…Oh, my… What a pity how Bethesda has become…

I'm not a noob, I'm just differently skilled.

Ball_Breaker

Sentinel

March 7th, 2012, 00:43
Of all their stuff they wanted to add, it was probably the easiest to finish. I don't particularly care, but I can't see how this is some horrible let down.. it's just there.

darkling

Keeper of the Watch

March 7th, 2012, 01:58
And later on we'll have the patch to correct the bugs introduced by this killcam feature… Lucky us.

BlackHarmo

Watcher

March 7th, 2012, 02:44
Originally Posted by turian View Post
who needs that kind of bullshit??
Who needs a Ferrari? Right. No one. But it's still nice to have … or as we say in German "sinnlos, aber geil" .
It was probably a really trivial thing for them to implement this feature. Well, it must have been. If it is a Game Jam feature then it must have taken one guy very little effort to do it and it was basically a finished feature when they decided to include it in 1.5 since it was already made during the Game Jam days. Maybe add a bit of QA and the feature was -or is now- ready to ship.
Certainly not worth getting your panties in a bunch over this story.

Moriendor

Spielkind

March 7th, 2012, 03:15
Nerd rage is always amusing.

Ovenall

Keeper of the Watch

March 7th, 2012, 03:42
No panties bunching, just would prefer bug fixes…

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

March 7th, 2012, 05:34
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
… or as we say in German "sinnlos, aber geil" .
Neat. Going to remember that. By which I mean to say, going to remember that once I knew something cool in German, but can't for the life of me recall it.

Bargeral

Who watches the Watcher?

March 7th, 2012, 05:37
Hmmm… I expect this will just be done something like the killcam in Fallout 3. Not too handy for me but whatever. What WOULD be handy is if I could hit a hotkey at any point then have the game jump back in time about 15 seconds and play back at 1/10th speed. Enough time for me to do a tfc 1 in the console, zoom to a nice spot, and get an awesome screenshot of something that went by too fast the first time.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

March 7th, 2012, 09:41
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
THIS is ridiculous. Bethesda, please focus on fixing bugs first (especially quest bugs). Thanks.
It's not like everyone at Bethesda is efficient at working with fixing bugs, some are working with extra content, some with bugs etc, thus we sometimes will see "useless" stuff getting into the game before bug fixes.

I love the kill cams in FO because it's so brutal, for this game it's really "meh".

vurt

Serial Modderer

March 7th, 2012, 09:44
Sounds neat enough. Certainly can't complain about them adding stuff - and the game was always quite stable for me. After the performance enhancements of 1.4 - I'm happy to see them adding extra content/stuff for free.

That said, Skyrim is the ONLY Gamebryo (Creation, whatever) game from Bethesda that's been stable for me. Wonder what they did to it? I practically never crash - no matter the amount of mods.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

March 7th, 2012, 13:13
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
That said, Skyrim is the ONLY Gamebryo (Creation, whatever) game from Bethesda that's been stable for me. Wonder what they did to it? I practically never crash - no matter the amount of mods.
Hum, I haven't played in ages. I wonder if my game is stable by now, as I used to crash once every couple of hours.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

March 7th, 2012, 13:47
Thing is, on internet forums, no matter what a developer do there will be always someone complaining.

If they add bug fixes someone will complain there's a CERTAIN bug it affects him/her greatly so the developer is crap.

If they add new free content someone will complain they should first fix all bugs and the developer is crap

If they add new features someone will complain that content is meaningless because HE doesnt give a damn about that new feature, therefore the developer is also crap

If they add an enhanced edition later on with a bunch of new stuff someone will say they feel cheated because they spent money on a "non-ehanced version" of the game, so the developer is crap because they are money-grabers.

If they add realy good game-code optimisations 1 month after the game releases, someone will complain because they should launch the game with them, so the developer is crap.

If they add a paying DLC and its bad in content people will complain its realy bad and not worth it and they feel cheated, even though its optional and no one realy needs to buy it, so the developer is crap

If they add a paying DLC that is realy cool and worth buying people will complain it should be a free DLC because clearly they have the right to all the content for free, so the developer is crap.

If they add a Free DLC someone will also complain because they will state that the content is not to its pleasing or even if it is, they will complain they should focus on bug-fixing or new more meaningfull content like expansions packs (for free ofc!) so the developer is realy realy crap.

oh well.

KnightPT

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - v1.5 - Ranged Killcam Confirmed?