|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Wasteland 2 - Proposed Kickstarter Rewards

Default Wasteland 2 - Proposed Kickstarter Rewards

March 8th, 2012, 22:33
Brian Fargo has posted the proposed Wasteland 2 Kickstarter rewards for comment. I'll post the lower tiers and those planning to drop $10,000 can head over to check for themselves:
So we've said that we want the fans feedback on the actual game design and world, but we also want to hear your thoughts on the proposed Kickstarter rewards. These aren't set in stone yet so let us know if you'd rather see something else instead. We really tried to make these meaningful to the fans and hope they are better than many others you will see on Kickstarter. What do you think?

Pledge $15 (unlimited)
Copy of game free via Steam for PC. You will also get a special skill and weapon only available to those who helped fund the project.

Pledge $30 (unlimited)
Previous reward + Downloadable free digital soundtrack of the game.

Pledge $50 (unlimited)
Previous reward + Full large boxed copy of Wasteland 2, complete with cloth game map and old school comprehensive instruction manual.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 8th, 2012, 22:33
SEARCH MY ROOT CELLAR AND TAKE MY MONEY.

cptbarkey

Sentinel

March 8th, 2012, 23:25
Seems good, although the $30 level seems a little weak, especially when compared to the recent DF Kickstarter. Maybe they need to add something else, or make a $25 and $40 level?

Really would love to see this come to fruition, even more than DF's adventure game.

Originally Posted by Wheres_the_Guru
Wanna know who invented the word great? I did ever seen something and you thought it was great? Chances are it has something to do with me.

Evil Timmy

Traveler

March 8th, 2012, 23:35
$15 seems steep for a some mp3s…

Philistine

Watcher

March 8th, 2012, 23:41
How much do I have to donate to get a DRM-free version?

bagelobo

Watcher

March 9th, 2012, 00:06
Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
$15 seems steep for a some mp3s
I see Kickstarter as a donation service. Not as an online shop. All "bonuses" at the different levels should be looked on as a perk for helping a game come to fruition IMO.

Lemonhead

Keeper of the Watch

March 9th, 2012, 00:44
Lemonhead is right about the donation bit but the $30 option is weak. I think a lot of people who might be prepared to pledge $30 would think there is little advantage and just drop back to $15. Move the current option down to $25 or throw in another bonus.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 9th, 2012, 01:41
Hmm… giving in-game items or free DLC to customers who preordered was a terrible idea in The Witcher 2 (and many other games) and it is even more so in a pure indie game. There are so many better ways to say thank you for funding the project. They could have an NPC mention the heroic deed of the player or they could add a signed letter to the box etc.

Janus

Traveler

March 9th, 2012, 02:35
They just clarified on their forum that there will be a DRM-free version and that the preorder item and skill will not affect game balance:

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainmen….php?f=8&t=133

Sounds good to me.

Arundor

Watcher

March 9th, 2012, 07:40
Not too sure it is a good idea to have shrines and statues all over the gameworld dedicated to the people who donated…

Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch

March 9th, 2012, 08:01
Originally Posted by bjon045 View Post
Not too sure it is a good idea to have shrines and statues all over the gameworld dedicated to the people who donated…
Maybe they'll all be in one place instead of spread out "all over", imo not much of a problem especially considering that's $155.000 (if they fill all the 23 spots for those rewards).

vurt

Serial Modderer

March 9th, 2012, 08:33
All those statues should be in one place imho, in something like a memorial or some such. Maybe with some kind of humorous inscriptions on them.

Crooked Bee

Imma bee

March 9th, 2012, 08:33
I'll probably go with the $50 donation. At $100, the collector's copy looks nice… but that's a bit too much of a risk for me to take on Fargo who hasn't released anything all that special in quite some time.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

March 9th, 2012, 11:51
I've whined about those steps, but didn't get good feedback for my suggestion to make a pricetag for every option, so people chose exactly what they want. I will definitely buy what suits me (15) as the other stuff I find redundant.

borcanu

muist

March 9th, 2012, 13:09
Good point, having all the statues /shrines in one place would make it tolerable.

Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch

March 9th, 2012, 13:23
They forgot a couple packages:

Pledge $100,000 (3)
Previous rewards and you are now a consultant on Wasteland 2 full expenses paid with provided housing for the time spent helping with the game.

Pledge $1,000,000 (1)
Previous rewards and you are now the CEO.

guenthar

SasqWatch

Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar

March 9th, 2012, 14:24
I'll be curious to see how many pledges they end up getting over $100. None of those packages seem even remotely close to being worthwhile imo.

JDR13

SasqWatch

March 9th, 2012, 14:47
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I'll be curious to see how many pledges they end up getting over $100. None of those packages seem even remotely close to being worthwhile imo.
everything over 100 dollar is indeed a far stretch.
To be honest, it sounds ridiculous.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

March 9th, 2012, 14:55
Originally Posted by ikbenrichard View Post
everything over 100 dollar is indeed a far stretch.
To be honest, it sounds ridiculous.
Didn't stop Double Fine and many others getting well over $100 for some of the packages.. This dude got his .PDF comic funded with over a million dollars:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/…-reprint-drive

oh, you get a fridge magnet for most of the upper tiers, sounds like an awesome deal, no?

I believe when you pay that amount of money it's not about the package / fridge magnet or trinket. It's more about supporting the project as a _very_ devoted fan (that happens to have too much money).

vurt

Serial Modderer

March 9th, 2012, 15:53
theres a difference between paying for a magnet, and paying for a bunch of stuff you don't want, while others are getting something you do want.

borcanu

muist

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Wasteland 2 - Proposed Kickstarter Rewards