|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Torchlight II - Potential Loot Drops and More

Default Torchlight II - Potential Loot Drops and More

March 17th, 2012, 01:44
This week's Friday update for Torchlight II looks at loot drop statistics - replete with pie-charts:
Recently Erich Schaefer compiled data on loot drops for a test character, and made this amazing infographic. This was sent internally for us to see how a specific character may encounter possible drops. Keep in mind that another character's loot drops will be affected differently depending on elements like play style, quests, and character.
…and there's also a congratulations to the Diablo III team and a message of faith to their own fans:
We know a lot of you are worried about us. We've heard what you're saying, and sure we've had similar discussions. But we began making the first Torchlight in 2008 when development on Diablo III was already underway. We didn't let that be a reason that we couldn't make an RPG. We made the commitment to create a game we loved to play. That's what's important to us, and that's why we go to work every day.
Our commitment is the same today. It doesn't matter what gets announced, or who gets elected, or if there's a zombie attack. (Well actually, in a zombie attack we might leave our desks, but only to smash them into weapons.) We believe that the best business model is to do what you love, to give it everything you've got, and to make something you'll be proud of.
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 17th, 2012, 01:44
I have nothing but love for the Torchlight 2 team . I own a boxed copy of the original and have very high expectations for the sequel. Seems like this is going to be a GREAT spring and summer season for hardcore RPG fans. Good times for PC gamers.

rich ruffo

Sentinel

March 17th, 2012, 02:42
I don't care which game would come out first. I'll be playing both.

zz

Watcher

March 17th, 2012, 15:53
Don't think I would call neither Diablo nor Torchlight hardcore RPG's, rather action-oriented softcore RPG's. That doesn't mean I won't enjoy both this year, they'll both probably be good games. I'm just looking forward to what I feel are "real" RPG's even more.

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?

March 17th, 2012, 16:18
Yes, i understand . What i ment to say was the old school style hack and slash, but there is an amazing line up og rpgs coming in April .

rich ruffo

Sentinel

March 17th, 2012, 18:14
Agreed. I won't have time to play anything though, moving in a couple of weeks and we got a Baby ETA in the end of April. Oh well, guess I can save the games for later…

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?

March 18th, 2012, 15:51
I'll be playing D3 before this one, though I am intrigued. Didn't care for TL 1 due to no multiplayer and the mismatch between eerie audio but overly cartoonish visuals. Plus it was just way too easy.

However, with TL 2 having multiplayer I could see myself moving to it if D3 disappoints. What were the concerns voiced by the fanbase about TL2 the author of the post referred to?

EvilManagedCare

Sentinel

March 19th, 2012, 23:22
Tired of samey ARPGs. Need new fun

darkling

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Torchlight II - Potential Loot Drops and More