|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout 2 - A Guide to An Idiot @ RPS

Default Fallout 2 - A Guide to An Idiot @ RPS

March 29th, 2012, 20:59
The Big Cow Punch: A Guide to An Idiot's Fallout 2 is an after-action-report at Rock, Paper, Shotgun as the writer describes his experiences with Al, a Fallout 2 character with zero intelligence:
Al is an idiot. Not in the mean-spirited, pejorative sense, but in the literal Ďthere are dead fleas that make better conversationí sense. Iíve made a moron. When he was told to quest for the GECK he probably didnít stoically grit his teeth or ask every question in the conversation tree Ė as your typical post-apocalyptic typical heroes do Ė he more likely dribbled from tooth to toe and burbled a few rhymes. GECK? Heck. Neck? Feck.
Huh-huh-huh.
Chosen One? Itís a wonder his tribe didnít kill him at birth.
What Al lacks in smarts he compensates for in his capacity for violence, however Ė heís bigger than a Radscorpion and his Perception rating is so far off the charts that they had to invent a new kind of telescope. I am, in other words, fairly confident that this lummox can handle Fallout 2ís wastelands even despite his skull-headed handicap. Itís not like the Science skill is ever actually useful for anything and, even if it was, Fallout 2 is my game. The one I know inside and out; itís the one I play in my head when my boss is talking to me. Low Intelligence score isnít going to hold me back for long. Or so I thought.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 29th, 2012, 20:59
Very interesting and funny too.

CoarseDragon

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout 2 - A Guide to An Idiot @ RPS