Is anybody having any luck downloading Grimrock from Steam?

Sir Markus

Keeper of the Watch
And if so, how did you do it? I pre-ordered it and have no clue how to initiate downloading. I still have the same 'Pre-order' screen I've been looking at for the last 10 days.

I'm having the same problem... it's still showing "Not yet released" for the Grimrock listing in my Steam library.

You can click on the link in your email receipt and download it directly from their website though.

Just started the download. Everything seems in order…
Whoops I meant to say on GOG :biggrin:

Edit: I like what I am seeing :D I was just going to sneak a peek and continue my risen replay but I think I am hooked (started a hard old school game with the default party... Great atmosphere)

Last edited:
I wonder if I can swap my saved games from the standalone version to the Steam version later.

Really liking it so far. I've got a party consisting of a Human male fighter, Minotaur male fighter, Human female rogue, and a Human male mage. I was originally planning on having a Lizardman in the party, but I didn't like any of the avatars for that race.

My only complaint so far is that I can't adjust the volume for music and sound effects.

My only complaint so far is that I can't adjust the volume for music and sound effects.

That would have been nice but thankfully it sounds pretty good on my system.

I would have really liked a quick save button though (and perhaps some brightness settings although it looks ok)…

I love how it plays. Especially magic. It seems powerful and is balanced by the extra time you take to cast it…

Thus far (I'm only on level 3), I'm surprised by how well balanced the game feels. All of my characters have been useful, even the rogue. And the game has a lot of nice small touches that I wish other games would have, like how it handles ammo. If you throw a rock and then walk over it, you pick it up again, thus eliminating a lot of the tedium that usually take place when you use ranged weapons.

I agree, this is about my only complaint so far. I feel right at home with this game. I'm really enjoying this one.

Yep, it rocks so far (only lvl 4 but I have to reluctantly call it a night). Haven't realized how much I had missed this kind of game. Playing on hard without automaping (Not a particularly big challenge going by memory thus far) is recommended! :)

Well, with such a positive feedback from this place... I'm going to buy it.

Back
Top Bottom