Skyrim - Coming to Kinect

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Bethsoft has announced Kinect control is coming to Skyrim for the X360 - hopefully this isn't the only "big announcement" for April that Pete Hines recently refered to. The presser:
We’re pleased to announce that Kinect™ for Xbox 360® support is coming to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Available for free as a title update slated for release this month, Skyrim Kinect for Xbox 360 Support will feature more than 200 Voice Commands.

Adding a new dimension to Skyrim’s gameplay, the Kinect for Xbox 360 integration offers Voice Commands throughout the game including Dragon Shouts, Hotkey Equipping, Follower Commands, and all Menus (Items, Magic, Map, Barter, Container, Favorites, and Skills). With Voice Commands, quickly create and load saves during gameplay and access menus and inventories. Skyrim’s Kinect for Xbox 360 Support also adds new functionality including special map functions, additional hotkey options, and the ability to sort inventory items by name, weight, and value.

For a look at some of the included Voice Commands, we have posted a video here www.elderscrolls.com and have made it available from the download link or FTP below. A full list of Voice Commands will be revealed in the coming weeks.
You can also head to the Bethblog to check out a video.
More information.

Skyrim players are not casual players. Who cares about that gadget, well, maybe that's worth a try but not more.
Please, come to the real big april announcement, we are all waiting for it !!! Morrowind region added to the map? come on !!!

Well if this is the bigger dlc that was mentioned they can keep it.

Suddenly the vanilla UI makes a lot of sense now…

I don't have Kinect and this doesn't excite me all that much. However, using voice commands to perform UI functions is pretty nice since the graphical UI is so poor.

Well if this is the bigger dlc that was mentioned they can keep it.

This is a free feature update and doesn't seem to be their idea of "bigger DLC" for-pay expansions any more than the extra kill cams or the creation kit were meant to be seen as such. The official post and official responses in the comment thread seem to indicate either DLC or more free content is being announced later this month. It also sounds like this may possibly (not sure) count for one of their two required initially-xbox-exclusive features/dlc though in which case only one DLC/content update will actually be delayed cross-platform. If that's the case that would partly explain why this is being given decent fanfare on their part. But yeah it doesn't sound like that's what they're saying and that this is just a minor free content patch.

Suddenly the vanilla UI makes a lot of sense now…

I don't have Kinect and this doesn't excite me all that much. However, using voice commands to perform UI functions is pretty nice since the graphical UI is so poor.

Kinnect support was something they toyed with internally for one of their internal jam sessions around/just after launch rather than planned from the start. Would be nice if some of the shortcuts/features being added with the kinect update were accessible without the kinect (don't remember if you can sort by weight and value in the vanilla UI since I haven't used the vanilla one in quite a while). Not sure if they will or won't be though - but would be nice if you could map some of them to controller buttons perhaps in context specific cases.

Last edited:
This is a free feature update and doesn't seem to be their idea of "bigger DLC" for-pay expansions any more than the extra kill cams or the creation kit were meant to be seen as such.

Tell yourself whatever you want. :p I see it as wasted resources. Let me know when this bigger dlc is released.

Tell yourself whatever you want. :p I see it as wasted resources. Let me know when this bigger dlc is released.

When they talked about this a few months ago during their jam session talk it sounded like it was the focus of one or two team members whose skills were mostly related to console controller interface work. I guess they could have been assigned to other games instead, but I don't think they have to worry too much about total man-hour budget contstraints as the limiting factor on anything right now what with their cash-filled olympic swimming pool. I do wish they'd stop swimming in their money pool and get to putting out some info on the expansions; so yeah that's the sort of news I'd rather be hearing about too.

Hey look they are offering something free, lets bitch about it. Getting very old.

Looks like fun but I hope there will be a way to use it on PC with any regular mic.

there's actually a mod out to do just that. Haven't tried it though. It requires script dragon though and I don't think it supports voice for everything. It's called thuumic or something like that.

there's actually a mod out to do just that. Haven't tried it though. It requires script dragon though and I don't think it supports voice for everything. It's called thuumic or something like that.

Yes here is the link to the nexus mod. Its called ThuuMic v1 - Real Life Dragon Shouts

Link-http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=5626

Hey look they are offering something free, lets bitch about it. Getting very old.

Its the internet deal with it. Bitching and whining is abundant. Were have you been living under a rock.:roll: Oh wait you always bitch about the bitching.

Last edited:
Its the internet deal with it. Bitching and whining is abundant. Were have you been living under a rock.:roll: Oh wait you always bitch about the bitching.

But now you're bitching about his bitching about the bitching. And I'm bitching about your bitching about his bitching about the bitching.

Would be kind of cool if I could flip people off in Skyrim and people would react accordingly.

"Yeah? Well, fuck you too, buddy!"
"Come over here and do that again in my FACE, asshole!"
"I used to do that to people, but then I got an arrow in the knee."

Awesomeness.

But now you're bitching about his bitching about the bitching. And I'm bitching about your bitching about his bitching about the bitching.

See it proves my theory. Its the internet.:)

Also some people on here need to stop being tight asses about everything. If I bother you I don't care and if you don't know how I post by know shame on you.

I'm semi-serious and sometime a troll for the laughs and I'm sarcastic.:bow: Seriously bend over and take the stick out and enjoy your self's its fun.

Last edited:
enjoy yourselves; it's fun.

You bastard ;)

Ah touché but I'm not a grammar Nazi either. At least you had fun and enjoyed it.:biggrin: Your not the one with the stick that I was talking about.:smartass:

You pass.:bow:

Back
Top Bottom