|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grim Dawn - Kickstarter Launched

Default Grim Dawn - Kickstarter Launched

April 17th, 2012, 22:24
Alright so right now I'm excited about

RPG(and RPG-ish) Kickstarters:
Wasteland 2 (Closed and funded - can still pre-order at a discount)
Shadowrun Returns (Still open, goal met)
Banner Saga (Still open, goal met)
Grim Dawn (Open and getting pledges pretty quickly
FTL - Space Combat Rougelike (2000% funded and nearing release)

Big-publisher backed RPGs (and RPG-ish) games:
Dishonored
Risen 2 (despite the strange number of day-1 content DLCs)

Ow, my wallet!

For those who have any interest in Rouge-likes, I do suggest checking out FTL even though it's well past the funding period. In addition to looking really interesting, it's an example of how these balooning projects can end up creating a decent number of jobs; in this case the Shanghai based team (of multiple nationalities themselves) ended up hiring a couple more employees including an American based composer. When these things get supported it ends up creating jobs and prosperity for independent engineers and creative designers that cross international borders.

jhwisner

SasqWatch

April 17th, 2012, 23:04
Many are coming to the pledge coments and voicing that this is the first they have heard about GRIM DAWN. So spread the word guys ,tell your aunts ,uncles and great great grandmas. I cant express how much i want this game to win. Love being addicted to isometric ARPGs. So many good ones coming out this year ,but G.D. looks supierior.

rich ruffo

Sentinel

April 17th, 2012, 23:14
Backed them. I enjoyed TQ, even if I still have to finish it (and Immortal Throne of course), also this is the only hack n'slash that interests me a lot; it seems to me a breeze of fresh air to the genre, let's wait and see…

I'm not a noob, I'm just differently skilled.

Ball_Breaker

Sentinel

April 18th, 2012, 00:20
I had told myself that I would try to do one of these a month but it seems like everyone is piling on the bandwagon now. I guess they think there's enough money floating around out there for each project to get a reasonable slice.

epithumia

thiefmissions.com

April 18th, 2012, 01:30
"Faster-paced"?

Titan Quest was too fast-paced already. (Though I did enjoy it anyway.) Heck, almost every game of this ilk is too fast-paced. Just look at the trailers for Diablo III. I'm fed up with fast-paced action and colorful, flashy combat effects blown all out of proportion. The use of magic splashing colors all over the place is bad enough, but why must martial arts be accompanied by such fireworks?

How about a game with slow-paced, gritty and nuanced combat?

Mr Smiley

Watchdog

April 18th, 2012, 01:56
LoG and now Avernum have certainly helped me re-appreciate a slow, methodical way of gaming. I'm hoping Grim Dawn will be more like those, and not Diablo-like. Diablo 3 to me so far looks like something a 5 yr old would appreciate the best.

-Carn

Carnifex

SasqWatch

April 18th, 2012, 02:19
Titan Quest was just not my thing, although I wish them luck.

Falchor

Sentinel

April 18th, 2012, 03:13
Great to see this game getting some more exposure. They've been doing their best to create the game with the limited resources available to them, but this should allow them to release the game in a reasonable time frame.

Kardiophylax

Watcher

April 18th, 2012, 16:40
My wallet has yet to refresh from the all the other kickstarters recently. Going to have to pass on this one. That, and I'm not a big ARPG fan.

jwmeep

Watchdog

April 18th, 2012, 18:29
Will be "backing" come payday at the end of the month

Loved TQ and it Expansion and still dabble with different class combo's, great ARP game IMO with lots of replay ability .

The team is great, they listen and respect their fans and critics and are simply passionate about their work and vision.

I think that GD will be a step forward and be a lot of fun to play,they really deserve a chance to make the very best game they can without interference from publishers and such.

Had already pre-ordered , but have no problem adding funds for the Kickstarter program!

Hope others will do the same, if you enjoy ARPGs then these guys really deserve the help

Roland

Watchdog

April 19th, 2012, 12:28
Originally Posted by Mr Smiley View Post
"Faster-paced"?

Titan Quest was too fast-paced already. (Though I did enjoy it anyway.) Heck, almost every game of this ilk is too fast-paced. Just look at the trailers for Diablo III. I'm fed up with fast-paced action and colorful, flashy combat effects blown all out of proportion. The use of magic splashing colors all over the place is bad enough, but why must martial arts be accompanied by such fireworks?

How about a game with slow-paced, gritty and nuanced combat?
+1, also too much loot and too bright and varied colors kill immersion.

borcanu

muist

April 19th, 2012, 14:31
Ah so faster paced combat then… Titan Quest was more than fast enough for me. I remember a few critical areas which were a bit too fast/busy for me.

Scrav

Sentinel

April 19th, 2012, 20:42
It's so fast paced it reminds me of those japanese arcade shoot 'em ups, imo not a good thing.. Would have backed otherwise, i really like the graphics and environments.

vurt

Serial Modderer

April 19th, 2012, 23:24
You guys are being total buzzkills. I think it looks like a blast!

rossrjensen

Keeper of the Watch

April 24th, 2012, 19:27
I did preorder this pre-kickstarted (after exchanging several emails with Arthur), just to voice my opinion about Grim Dawn vs Diablo 3.
But I have these worries too - Please, don't do it too flashy or too fast or with too much loot ("looterfall" ).

Daddy32

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grim Dawn - Kickstarter Launched