|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Witcher Games » The Witcher 2 » The Operator (secret/optional boss)

Default The Operator (secret/optional boss)

March 20th, 2012, 21:49
This guy was tough, I had to reload about 30-40 times before I beat him and in the end I won mostly due to luck. Did anyone else fight him and win? What did you think of the reward? Personally I thought the reward was kind of lousy and didn't see any reason to use it over a regular sword at that point in the game. But still it was fun and I'm glad I did it for bragging rights

If you're wondering what I'm talking about here is a screenshot of the fight from google:

Metallic Monk

Traveler

March 21st, 2012, 08:08
That fight was ridiculous. I played through the entire game on "Hard", but I had to lower the difficulty to Normal just for that particular battle.

And yeah… the reward was underwhelming.

JDR13

SasqWatch

April 14th, 2012, 16:04
Yeah he's the hardest fight in the game. Absolutely.

Malkavian

Watcher

April 27th, 2012, 15:02
Just stumbled on this, the gargoyles hit so hard the fight seems either broken or the wrong way to deal with the quest.
I'll try the few exploits I've read about (don't see any other way as a swordfighter) but I'll probably lower the difficulty from Hard to Easy.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

April 27th, 2012, 16:38
Hardest fight ever , luckily i set him on fire .
I don't think i will ever go there again since the reward ruins all the fun from the last part of the game .

Tragos

Otinanist

April 29th, 2012, 01:41
Im not sure, but it seemed like the encounter was made more difficult in EE - the room felt smaller (barely any space behind the pillars).
Took me 6-7 tries on "dark" diff (without any "dark" equipment, which seemed grindy and redundant), so it definitely isnt impossible.

DeepO

deep outside

May 1st, 2012, 22:09
Originally Posted by DeepO View Post
Im not sure, but it seemed like the encounter was made more difficult in EE - the room felt smaller (barely any space behind the pillars).
Just saw a couple of videos of how much bigger the space behind the columns was before the EE. It seems CDProjekt were taking the piss.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

May 11th, 2012, 20:42
Originally Posted by Kostaz View Post
It seems CDProjekt were taking the piss.
It's an optional boss so maybe CDProject is simply saying: "So you think you are tough?"

zahratustra

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Witcher Games » The Witcher 2 » The Operator (secret/optional boss)