|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Risen 2 » Risen 2 Spoilers » Companions and where to find them

Default Companions and where to find them

April 30th, 2012, 01:46
I figured it would be nice to have a thread where we could post the companions we found and where we found them. I must've missed out on several companions, as I completed the game with only 5/10 slots filled.

Anyway, here's who I found:
- Patty. Duh.
- The cook. He's mandatory I think. Found on the Sword Coast.
- Venture, a marksman. By far the best companion I came across. I suspect he's only available if you side with the Inquisition on the Sword Coast. Siding with the natives probably presents a different companion (Chani, I assume).
- Jaffar, the gnome. He's also mandatory, joins on the Isle of Thieves.
- Bones, joined me after I shut him up in the native camp in the Macarabia area (or however it's spelled).

Who did I miss? I suspect I missed at least one on the Sword Coast, as I was forced to solo alligators and so on there. Had a very hard time I might add.

I also got a 2nd cook, but he's only temporary as he's part of the Treasure Isle DLC.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

April 30th, 2012, 09:43
I went on voodoo side - in that case you get Chani as a companion. She heals you if you're on low health. And she does that even if she isn't in the party (for example you return to the ship while on low health).
Venturo is not available in that case and I really don't miss him - there are several reviews that describe him as "overpowered". He'll just be stated in the port drinking beer and admiring your success.
Spoiler

For others I don't know. I'm about 20 hours in the game and after I got the ship I went back to Caldera. Since I've looted every single chest there, solved every single quest there, I've even used voodoo on the corrupted council member to get the council vote against Mara although that was not necessary but was really fun seeing lines you make while being (inside) him. And trust me, there is no recruitable companion in Caldera, at least not that early in the game.
Didn't visit other islands yet, next one I'll go will be Antigua.

EDIT:
Ah, the sword coast, I cleared it whole again (looted chests that I couldn't the first time, brought the monkey with me for levers, etc, mobs were respawned so it was some nice XP/glory booster) and no, there is no other recruitable character apart the cook and Venturo/Chani. It is however possible that later in the game some additional character becomes recruitable, but this early in the game… There is none.
Last edited by joxer; April 30th, 2012 at 11:07.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

April 30th, 2012, 13:58
I might actually have found them all then. Quite odd that we have 10 slots though.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

May 14th, 2012, 00:41
I'm sure Eldric joins you if get to play the storm island DLC, maybe more?

jl78

Traveler

May 15th, 2012, 04:34
Just finished the game as a Voodoo pirate and here's a screenshot of the whole crew (minus Venturo whom you can only pick up if you side with the Inquisition and Steelbeard's Ghost isn't a real crew member but I felt he belonged in the pic so I summoned him ).
I wonder why there are four open slots left. Did PB plan on more companions but scrapped the idea or is this a sign of more DLC and/or expansion(s)? We'll see…

Anyway, here's the crew screens…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg risen2_2012_05_15_04_26_21_646.jpg (136.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg risen2_2012_05_15_04_25_36_577.jpg (180.3 KB, 32 views)

Moriendor

Spielkind

May 15th, 2012, 04:41
Who's the bearded white-haired guy? Is he from the Air Temple DLC?

JDR13

SasqWatch

May 15th, 2012, 05:04
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Who's the bearded white-haired guy? Is he from the Air Temple DLC?
Yes, that's Eldric, the druid who lived on the East coast of Faranga and helped you repair one of the crystal disks in Risen 1.

As for his role in Risen 2…
Spoiler

Moriendor

Spielkind

May 16th, 2012, 12:14
2 slots are used for temp ship crew; Harlok and Crouse, that leaves another 2 slots open tho…

jl78

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Risen 2 » Risen 2 Spoilers » Companions and where to find them