Larian Studios - The side journalists never see

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Swen Vincke writes another fascinating blog about the stress of preparing for press events. There's no detail about the games but for those interested in the human or business side of gaming, it's a great read:
Three sicks guys sitting in front of a TV screen in the middle of the night – one has a splitting headache, the other a bad case of chinese food poisoning and the third, being myself, has a high fever.
What are we doing ? Preparing for a horde of journalists invading our offices to check out our new games.
It’s not going well – Dragon Commander has been crashing randomly throughout the rehearsal presentations, and one of main features of project E game doesn’t seem to be doing what it should be doing.
We’ve been ambitious in what we wanted to put in this demonstration, an now we’re paying the price.
More information.

Had to look on Wikipedia to find out where Benelux was!

By the way, wasn't there a little plague spread by a big-time game convention a few years back? History is poised to repeat itself! ;)

Man I love the behind the trenches view. We get so little of it.

I really like to read Swen's articles about the other side of the fence. Even if I wouldn't like the Larian games (which I do very much like) I would find these reads very enlightening.

I really like to read Swen's articles about the other side of the fence. Even if I wouldn't like the Larian games (which I do very much like) I would find these reads very enlightening.

Yeah i'm not a huge fan of their games for the most part - don't hate them or anything but never really found myself getting into them. I do appreciate these relatively candid looks into something usually only viewed through a filter of marketting and PR.

Back
Top Bottom